The 12-step program has become quite popular these days amongst individuals with some dependency issues, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Tulsa, OK that we now understand is used more extensively within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illegal drug use issues, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Tulsa, Oklahoma and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this article!
Tulsa 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have thought, the Tulsa, Oklahoma 12-step program consists of in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that need to be used by various support groups to help its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Tulsa, OK, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, which interfere with your everyday life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually harmed before;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anyone that you have actually harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these people would harm them much more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you comprehend that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you picture Him;
Once you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Tulsa, OK 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any private individually, as the group purpose of recuperating from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we imagine Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be produced separately from all others;
- AA groups must always stay non-financial organizations so that nobody would get distracted from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should likewise remain self-support groups, meaning that any type of help from others must be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they should also stay non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders should remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized only with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines should be more important than every person’s desires, specifically when it pertains to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Tulsa, OK
As you can see, the firstly created version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has actually helped the program to establish and become less depending on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is actually not the main characteristic that helps individuals to recuperate. Your own healing depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of individuals who assist you because process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always suggest that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are many different 12-step programs in Tulsa, Oklahoma these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional neighborhood that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already know, one of the main concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to gather information on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Tulsa, Oklahoma, it would be reasonable why 12 actions have become so popular in the last years.
Thus, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a specific approach is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Tulsa, Oklahoma
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is very crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs happen in rehabilitation centers in Tulsa, Oklahoma with professional healthcare service providers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most reliable ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be faster compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only drawback is that such programs are generally not that cheap, which is why you might require to think about other choices. But if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite comparable to domestic ones, but they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not have to remain at the center throughout the day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might have to invest a bigger amount of time in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard idea of a 12-Step program in Tulsa, OK?
The main idea of the Tulsa 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not essential nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might also read about them in the post above and decide whether they would be helpful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are typically very valuable for new members, and the important things that you document in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.