The 12-step program has actually ended up being quite popular nowadays amongst people with some dependency issues, and although initially it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Shawnee, KS that we now understand is used more extensively within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illicit drug use issues, and others.
So if you are interested in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Shawnee, Kansas and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this post!
Shawnee 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have thought, the Shawnee, Kansas 12-step program consists of in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that need to be utilized by various support groups to help its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Shawnee, KS, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, which hinder your everyday life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have hurt before;
- Apologize before anybody that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would harm them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you remain in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you picture Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Shawnee, KS 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any private separately, as the group function of recovering from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we envision Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be developed individually from all others;
- AA groups ought to always stay non-financial organizations so that nobody would get sidetracked from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must also stay self-support groups, suggesting that any type of aid from others must be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they should likewise stay non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders need to remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the objective of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines must be more crucial than every individual’s desires, particularly when it pertains to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Shawnee, KS
As you can see, the to start with created version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, however time has helped the program to establish and become less dependent on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to understand that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main quality that helps people to recover. Your own healing depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social support of people who assist you in that process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always imply that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are many different 12-step programs in Shawnee, Kansas these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional community that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already know, among the primary concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to collect information on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Shawnee, Kansas, it would be understandable why 12 steps have become so popular in the last years.
Hence, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never know for sure whether a specific approach is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Shawnee, Kansas
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering options is extremely important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs take place in rehabilitation centers in Shawnee, Kansas with expert health care suppliers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehab approaches.
The only drawback is that such programs are usually not that cheap, which is why you may need to think about other alternatives. However if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to residential ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not have to remain at the center all the time, just in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might need to invest a bigger period of time in your rehab center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic idea of a 12-Step program in Shawnee, KS?
The primary idea of the Shawnee 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not required nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could likewise read about them in the short article above and decide whether or not they would be practical to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions fans, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are generally really helpful for new members, and the things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.