The 12-step program has ended up being quite popular these days amongst people with some dependency problems, and although initially it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Sandy Springs, GA that we now know is utilized more commonly within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use problems, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Sandy Springs, Georgia and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this post!
Sandy Springs 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have guessed, the Sandy Springs, Georgia 12-step program includes in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that must be used by various support groups to help its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Sandy Springs, GA, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have right now, and that disrupt your daily life in a negative way;
- Do not be afraid to ask for God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have hurt before;
- Apologize prior to anybody that you have actually hurt unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would hurt them much more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you envision Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Sandy Springs, GA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any private separately, as the group purpose of recuperating from an disease depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we picture Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be created individually from all others;
- AA groups should constantly stay non-financial organizations so that no one would get distracted from the primary function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to also stay self-support groups, implying that any kind of assistance from others must be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they must likewise remain non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders should bear in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the goal of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted rules should be more vital than every person’s desires, specifically when it comes to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Sandy Springs, GA
As you can see, the first of all created variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has helped the program to establish and become less based on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is actually not the main characteristic that helps individuals to recover. Your own recovery depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of people who assist you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are several 12-step programs in Sandy Springs, Georgia these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional neighborhood that matches your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, one of the main concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather impossible to gather information on its effectiveness. However what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Sandy Springs, Georgia, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have actually become so popular in the ins 2015.
Thus, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever know for sure whether a specific method is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be effective.
Option Treatment Programs in Sandy Springs, Georgia
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering options is very crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be practical:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Sandy Springs, Georgia with expert healthcare suppliers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs assist you to develop an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehab approaches.
The only downside is that such programs are normally not that cheap, which is why you might require to think about other choices. But if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to domestic ones, however they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not have to remain at the center all day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may need to invest a larger time period in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental concept of a 12-Step program in Sandy Springs, GA?
The main concept of the Sandy Springs 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not necessary these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might also read about them in the post above and decide whether or not they would be helpful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are usually really valuable for new members, and the important things that you document in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.