The 12-step program has actually become quite popular these days among individuals with some dependency problems, and although originally it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in San Diego, CA that we now know is utilized more commonly within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illicit drug use problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in discovering more about the 12-step programs in San Diego, California and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this post!
San Diego 12-Step Program Company
As you could have thought, the San Diego, California 12-step program consists of in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that need to be used by various support groups to assist its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in San Diego, CA, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to eliminate all these defects that you have right now, which disrupt your everyday life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not hesitate to request for God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have injured before;
- Apologize prior to anyone that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would hurt them much more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you picture Him;
Once you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
San Diego, CA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more vital than that of any private independently, as the group purpose of recovering from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we picture Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be produced individually from all others;
- AA groups must always remain non-financial companies so that nobody would get distracted from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to also remain self-support groups, meaning that any type of aid from others must be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be associated with medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they must likewise stay non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders must remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the goal of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines need to be more vital than every person’s desires, especially when it concerns group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in San Diego, CA
As you can see, the to start with produced version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has actually helped the program to establish and end up being less based on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that assists people to recover. Your own recovery depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social support of individuals who assist you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily mean that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are various 12-step programs in San Diego, California these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local community that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already understand, among the primary concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite difficult to gather data on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in San Diego, California, it would be understandable why 12 steps have actually become so popular in the last years.
Therefore, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a specific approach is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in San Diego, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering options is very essential.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in San Diego, California with expert healthcare service providers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to produce an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be much faster compared to other rehab approaches.
The only drawback is that such programs are normally not that inexpensive, which is why you may require to think about other options. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to property ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not need to stay at the center throughout the day, simply in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might need to invest a larger time period in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic concept of a 12-Step program in San Diego, CA?
The main idea of the San Diego 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not necessary these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 steps can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could likewise read about them in the article above and choose whether they would be handy to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are normally really useful for new members, and the important things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.