The 12-step program has ended up being rather popular these days among people with some dependency problems, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Charlotte, NC that we now understand is utilized more commonly within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illicit drug use problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Charlotte, North Carolina and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this article!
Charlotte 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have guessed, the Charlotte, North Carolina 12-step program consists of in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that ought to be used by numerous support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Charlotte, NC, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have today, and that disrupt your day-to-day life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s help while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually harmed before;
- Say sorry prior to anybody that you have actually hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would hurt them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you comprehend that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you picture Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, of course, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Charlotte, NC 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 traditions that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more vital than that of any individual independently, as the group function of recovering from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we picture Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be created separately from all others;
- AA groups should constantly stay non-financial companies so that no one would get sidetracked from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to also remain self-support groups, implying that any type of assistance from others ought to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they ought to also remain non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders must remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the objective of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted rules need to be more vital than every person’s desires, particularly when it pertains to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Charlotte, NC
As you can see, the firstly developed variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has assisted the program to develop and end up being less dependent on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be great to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main characteristic that helps people to recuperate. Your own healing depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who help you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily mean that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are several 12-step programs in Charlotte, North Carolina these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local neighborhood that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently understand, among the primary concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather impossible to collect information on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Charlotte, North Carolina, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Thus, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever know for sure whether a specific technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in Charlotte, North Carolina
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is very crucial.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be practical:
Such programs happen in rehab centers in Charlotte, North Carolina with professional health care service providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be faster compared to other rehab methods.
The only downside is that such programs are typically not that low-cost, which is why you may require to consider other options. But if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to property ones, however they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not have to remain at the center throughout the day, simply in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may have to spend a larger period of time in your rehab center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard idea of a 12-Step program in Charlotte, NC?
The primary idea of the Charlotte 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could also check out them in the article above and choose whether they would be handy to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are normally really helpful for new members, and the important things that you document in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.