The 12-step program has actually ended up being quite popular these days among individuals with some addiction problems, and although initially it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in San Antonio, TX that we now know is used more widely within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illegal drug use problems, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in San Antonio, Texas and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this post!
San Antonio 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the San Antonio, Texas 12-step program consists of in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that must be used by numerous support groups to help its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in San Antonio, TX, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to get rid of all these defects that you have today, and that hinder your day-to-day life in a negative way;
- Do not hesitate to request God’s help while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have hurt prior to;
- Ask forgiveness before anybody that you have actually injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would harm them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you comprehend that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you imagine Him;
When you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
San Antonio, TX 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs also include 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any individual individually, as the group purpose of recovering from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we imagine Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be developed individually from all others;
- AA groups must always remain non-financial companies so that nobody would get sidetracked from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should likewise remain self-support groups, suggesting that any type of assistance from others should be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they need to likewise stay non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders need to remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the objective of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines should be more crucial than every person’s desires, specifically when it pertains to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in San Antonio, TX
As you can see, the first of all produced variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has actually assisted the program to develop and end up being less depending on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main quality that helps people to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 actions and on the social support of people who help you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always indicate that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in San Antonio, Texas these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already understand, one of the primary principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to gather information on its efficiency. However what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in San Antonio, Texas, it would be understandable why 12 steps have become so popular in the last years.
Thus, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never know for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in San Antonio, Texas
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is extremely crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be practical:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in San Antonio, Texas with expert healthcare service providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your recovery might be quicker compared to other rehab approaches.
The only drawback is that such programs are usually not that low-cost, which is why you might require to think about other options. But if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather comparable to property ones, however they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to remain at the center all the time, just in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might have to invest a larger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic concept of a 12-Step program in San Antonio, TX?
The primary principle of the San Antonio 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not essential these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could likewise check out them in the article above and choose whether or not they would be useful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are normally really practical for new members, and the important things that you document in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.