The 12-step program has become rather popular these days among people with some dependency issues, and although initially it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Rome, GA that we now know is used more widely within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illicit substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you are interested in learning more about the 12-step programs in Rome, Georgia and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this article!
Rome 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have guessed, the Rome, Georgia 12-step program includes in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that ought to be utilized by different support groups to help its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Rome, GA, or any other location:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have today, which interfere with your daily life in a negative method;
- Do not hesitate to request God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have hurt before;
- Apologize prior to anyone that you have injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would harm them much more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you envision Him;
Once you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Rome, GA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any specific separately, as the group function of recovering from an health problem depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we picture Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be produced individually from all others;
- AA groups need to always remain non-financial organizations so that no one would get distracted from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to also stay self-support groups, suggesting that any type of assistance from others must be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they should likewise remain non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders should remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines need to be more crucial than every individual’s desires, particularly when it pertains to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Rome, GA
As you can see, the to start with created variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has helped the program to develop and become less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is actually not the main quality that assists people to recover. Your own healing depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social support of people who assist you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always indicate that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are several 12-step programs in Rome, Georgia these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local community that suits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, one of the primary principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather impossible to collect data on its efficiency. But what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this problem were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Rome, Georgia, it would be reasonable why 12 actions have actually ended up being so popular in the last years.
Hence, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Rome, Georgia
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering options is very essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs take place in rehab centers in Rome, Georgia with professional healthcare suppliers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most effective ones. Residential programs assist you to develop an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehab methods.
The only downside is that such programs are generally not that cheap, which is why you may require to think about other alternatives. However if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to domestic ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center all day, just in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may need to spend a larger period of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental idea of a 12-Step program in Rome, GA?
The primary idea of the Rome 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not necessary these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 actions can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could likewise read about them in the short article above and decide whether or not they would be helpful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are normally really useful for new members, and the important things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.