The 12-step program has ended up being rather popular these days among people with some dependency problems, and although initially it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Riverside, CA that we now know is utilized more extensively within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Riverside, California and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this article!
Riverside 12-Step Program Company
As you might have guessed, the Riverside, California 12-step program consists of in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that must be used by different support groups to help its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Riverside, CA, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have today, which hinder your daily life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have injured before;
- Ask forgiveness before anybody that you have actually injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would harm them even more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you imagine Him;
When you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Riverside, CA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 customs that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any individual individually, as the group purpose of recuperating from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we envision Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be created independently from all others;
- AA groups must always stay non-financial companies so that no one would get distracted from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must likewise stay self-support groups, implying that any type of aid from others must be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be related to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they ought to also stay non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders should bear in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized only with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted rules need to be more crucial than every person’s desires, especially when it concerns group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Riverside, CA
As you can see, the first of all produced variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, but time has assisted the program to establish and become less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main characteristic that assists individuals to recover. Your own recovery depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of individuals who assist you because procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always imply that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are many different 12-step programs in Riverside, California nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional community that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already know, among the primary principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to gather data on its efficiency. However what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Riverside, California, it would be easy to understand why 12 actions have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Thus, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never know for sure whether a specific technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Riverside, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is extremely essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Riverside, California with expert healthcare service providers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehab techniques.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are usually not that cheap, which is why you might need to consider other alternatives. But if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather similar to property ones, but they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to remain at the center all day, just in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might have to spend a larger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental concept of a 12-Step program in Riverside, CA?
The main idea of the Riverside 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not needed these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could also check out them in the post above and decide whether they would be valuable to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions fans, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are normally really practical for new members, and the important things that you jot down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.