The 12-step program has actually become quite popular these days amongst individuals with some addiction problems, and although initially it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Redondo Beach, CA that we now know is used more widely within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Redondo Beach, California and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this article!
Redondo Beach 12-Step Program Company
As you could have thought, the Redondo Beach, California 12-step program contains in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that must be utilized by various support groups to help its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Redondo Beach, CA, or any other location:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to remove all these defects that you have today, and that hinder your day-to-day life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have injured before;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anybody that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would hurt them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you imagine Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, naturally, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Redondo Beach, CA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more vital than that of any private individually, as the group purpose of recuperating from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we imagine Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be produced individually from all others;
- AA groups need to constantly stay non-financial companies so that nobody would get sidetracked from the primary function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to likewise stay self-support groups, suggesting that any type of aid from others ought to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be related to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they should also remain non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders must keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the objective of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted rules should be more important than every individual’s desires, particularly when it comes to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Redondo Beach, CA
As you can see, the first of all produced version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, but time has actually helped the program to establish and become less depending on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main quality that helps individuals to recuperate. Your own healing depends more on your own analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who assist you in that procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always mean that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are various 12-step programs in Redondo Beach, California nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local neighborhood that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, among the primary principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to gather information on its efficiency. But what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as some of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Redondo Beach, California, it would be easy to understand why 12 steps have actually become so popular in the last years.
Hence, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a specific technique is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Redondo Beach, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering options is extremely essential.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Redondo Beach, California with expert health care service providers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to develop an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation approaches.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are typically not that cheap, which is why you may need to consider other choices. But if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite similar to domestic ones, but they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not need to stay at the center throughout the day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may need to invest a larger time period in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental concept of a 12-Step program in Redondo Beach, CA?
The main idea of the Redondo Beach 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might also check out them in the short article above and decide whether or not they would be valuable to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 actions followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are typically really useful for new members, and the things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.