The 12-step program has ended up being rather popular these days amongst people with some addiction issues, and although initially it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Queens, NY that we now understand is utilized more commonly within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use problems, and others.
So if you are interested in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Queens, New York and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this article!
Queens 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have thought, the Queens, New York 12-step program contains in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that must be utilized by different support groups to assist its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Queens, NY, or any other location:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, which hinder your day-to-day life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not be afraid to ask for God’s help while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually injured before;
- Apologize prior to anybody that you have actually hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would injure them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you envision Him;
As soon as you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Queens, NY 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs also include 12 traditions that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any private independently, as the group function of recuperating from an disease depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we envision Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be created separately from all others;
- AA groups should always remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get sidetracked from the main function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must also remain self-support groups, meaning that any kind of assistance from others need to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be related to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they should likewise stay non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders must bear in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted rules need to be more crucial than every individual’s desires, particularly when it pertains to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Queens, NY
As you can see, the to start with produced version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has helped the program to develop and end up being less dependent on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main quality that helps individuals to recover. Your own recovery depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social support of individuals who help you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily suggest that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are various 12-step programs in Queens, New York nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional community that fits your need the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently know, among the primary concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather difficult to gather information on its effectiveness. However what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as some of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Queens, New York, it would be understandable why 12 steps have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Thus, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never know for sure whether a particular approach is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Queens, New York
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is extremely essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs happen in rehabilitation centers in Queens, New York with professional health care service providers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most effective ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be much faster compared to other rehab methods.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are generally not that cheap, which is why you might need to think about other options. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite comparable to property ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not need to remain at the center all the time, just in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might need to spend a larger period of time in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic idea of a 12-Step program in Queens, NY?
The main principle of the Queens 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not required nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could also read about them in the short article above and decide whether or not they would be useful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are typically very helpful for new members, and the important things that you jot down in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.