The 12-step program has actually become rather popular nowadays amongst individuals with some addiction issues, and although initially it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Pottstown, PA that we now know is utilized more widely within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illicit substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Pottstown, Pennsylvania and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this article!
Pottstown 12-Step Program Company
As you might have guessed, the Pottstown, Pennsylvania 12-step program consists of in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that should be utilized by numerous support groups to help its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Pottstown, PA, or any other location:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, and that interfere with your day-to-day life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s assistance while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have injured prior to;
- Say sorry before anyone that you have injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would injure them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you understand that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you picture Him;
Once you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Pottstown, PA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 traditions that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more vital than that of any private individually, as the group purpose of recovering from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we envision Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be developed independently from all others;
- AA groups must always stay non-financial companies so that no one would get sidetracked from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to also stay self-support groups, meaning that any kind of help from others should be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be related to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they ought to also stay non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders must bear in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the aim of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted rules should be more vital than every individual’s desires, particularly when it concerns group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Pottstown, PA
As you can see, the firstly created variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, but time has actually assisted the program to develop and become less based on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be excellent to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main characteristic that helps individuals to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more on your own analysis of the 12 actions and on the social support of individuals who assist you because procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always mean that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are many different 12-step programs in Pottstown, Pennsylvania these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local neighborhood that matches your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, one of the primary concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather impossible to collect data on its effectiveness. However what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this problem were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Pottstown, Pennsylvania, it would be easy to understand why 12 steps have actually become so popular in the last years.
Therefore, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Pottstown, Pennsylvania
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is very essential.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs take place in rehabilitation centers in Pottstown, Pennsylvania with professional health care providers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation approaches.
The only drawback is that such programs are generally not that low-cost, which is why you may require to think about other choices. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather similar to residential ones, however they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to stay at the center all day, simply in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may have to invest a larger time period in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental principle of a 12-Step program in Pottstown, PA?
The main concept of the Pottstown 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not necessary these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 steps can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could also check out them in the post above and decide whether or not they would be valuable to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are usually very valuable for new members, and the things that you write down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.