The 12-step program has actually ended up being rather popular these days among individuals with some dependency problems, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Independence, MO that we now know is utilized more widely within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illegal drug use problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in Independence, Missouri and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this article!
Independence 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have guessed, the Independence, Missouri 12-step program contains in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that must be utilized by various support groups to help its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Independence, MO, or any other location:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to remove all these defects that you have today, which hinder your everyday life in a negative method;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have hurt before;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anybody that you have actually injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would injure them much more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you comprehend that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you imagine Him;
As soon as you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Independence, MO 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more vital than that of any private separately, as the group function of recovering from an health problem depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we envision Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be produced independently from all others;
- AA groups need to always stay non-financial organizations so that nobody would get sidetracked from the main function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must also remain self-support groups, meaning that any kind of aid from others must be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be associated with medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they should also remain non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders should keep in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized only with the aim of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted rules must be more important than every person’s desires, specifically when it comes to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Independence, MO
As you can see, the firstly developed variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has helped the program to develop and become less dependent on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to understand that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main quality that assists individuals to recover. Your own recovery depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of people who help you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and problems.
There are many different 12-step programs in Independence, Missouri these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already know, among the primary principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather impossible to collect information on its effectiveness. But what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Independence, Missouri, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have ended up being so popular in the ins 2015.
Thus, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Independence, Missouri
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering options is really essential.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs happen in rehab centers in Independence, Missouri with expert healthcare service providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehab techniques.
The only drawback is that such programs are normally not that inexpensive, which is why you may need to consider other options. However if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather similar to residential ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to remain at the center all day, simply in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might need to invest a larger time period in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic concept of a 12-Step program in Independence, MO?
The primary principle of the Independence 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not necessary these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might also read about them in the article above and choose whether they would be practical to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 actions fans, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are usually extremely helpful for new members, and the things that you jot down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.