The 12-step program has become quite popular these days among people with some addiction issues, and although initially it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Marietta, GA that we now know is used more commonly within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use issues, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Marietta, Georgia and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this short article!
Marietta 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have thought, the Marietta, Georgia 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that ought to be used by different support groups to assist its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Marietta, GA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, which interfere with your day-to-day life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s help while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have hurt prior to;
- Apologize prior to anybody that you have injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would harm them even more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you comprehend that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you picture Him;
When you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Marietta, GA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs also include 12 traditions that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any specific independently, as the group function of recuperating from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we picture Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be created independently from all others;
- AA groups must always remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get distracted from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should likewise remain self-support groups, indicating that any type of aid from others must be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they need to also remain non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public fights. AA leaders should bear in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the aim of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines ought to be more crucial than every person’s desires, especially when it comes to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Marietta, GA
As you can see, the to start with produced variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, but time has assisted the program to establish and end up being less depending on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main attribute that assists individuals to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social support of people who assist you because procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily mean that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and problems.
There are various 12-step programs in Marietta, Georgia nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, one of the main principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite difficult to gather information on its efficiency. However what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as some of the insurance coverage can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Marietta, Georgia, it would be understandable why 12 steps have actually become so popular in the last years.
Hence, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a specific method is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Marietta, Georgia
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is extremely important.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be practical:
Such programs happen in rehab centers in Marietta, Georgia with expert health care suppliers, which is why they are considered to be among the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to produce an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be much faster compared to other rehab techniques.
The only drawback is that such programs are generally not that cheap, which is why you might require to think about other choices. But if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather comparable to domestic ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to remain at the center throughout the day, simply in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may have to spend a larger period of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard principle of a 12-Step program in Marietta, GA?
The main idea of the Marietta 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might also check out them in the post above and decide whether they would be handy to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are typically very valuable for new members, and the things that you document in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.