The 12-step program has actually ended up being rather popular nowadays amongst people with some addiction problems, and although initially it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Gardena, CA that we now know is used more extensively within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illegal substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in Gardena, California and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this article!
Gardena 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Gardena, California 12-step program contains in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that need to be used by different support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Gardena, CA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to remove all these defects that you have today, and that interfere with your everyday life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not hesitate to request for God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually hurt before;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anyone that you have injured unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would injure them even more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you envision Him;
As soon as you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Gardena, CA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs also include 12 traditions that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any individual individually, as the group function of recovering from an health problem depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we imagine Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be produced independently from all others;
- AA groups ought to constantly stay non-financial companies so that no one would get sidetracked from the main function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should likewise remain self-support groups, suggesting that any kind of aid from others ought to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be related to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they should likewise remain non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders must remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the goal of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted rules should be more crucial than every individual’s desires, particularly when it comes to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Gardena, CA
As you can see, the first of all created version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually helped the program to establish and become less based on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is actually not the main quality that helps individuals to recuperate. Your own healing depends more on your own analysis of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of individuals who help you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily indicate that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are various 12-step programs in Gardena, California nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local community that fits your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already understand, among the main principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather difficult to collect information on its efficiency. But what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Gardena, California, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have become so popular in the ins 2015.
Hence, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever know for sure whether a particular approach is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Gardena, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is extremely essential.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs take place in rehab centers in Gardena, California with professional healthcare service providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your healing might be faster compared to other rehabilitation approaches.
The only downside is that such programs are typically not that cheap, which is why you might need to consider other options. However if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather similar to property ones, but they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not have to stay at the center all the time, simply in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may need to invest a bigger amount of time in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic principle of a 12-Step program in Gardena, CA?
The primary concept of the Gardena 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not essential nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might likewise check out them in the post above and choose whether they would be practical to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are usually very handy for new members, and the important things that you document in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.