The 12-step program has actually become rather popular these days amongst people with some dependency issues, and although initially it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Levittown, NY that we now know is utilized more extensively within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illicit drug use problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in Levittown, New York and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this post!
Levittown 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Levittown, New York 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that should be utilized by various support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Levittown, NY, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to get rid of all these defects that you have today, and that interfere with your day-to-day life in a negative method;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have hurt before;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anybody that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would injure them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you imagine Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Levittown, NY 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any individual independently, as the group function of recovering from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we envision Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be developed independently from all others;
- AA groups should constantly stay non-financial companies so that no one would get sidetracked from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to likewise remain self-support groups, meaning that any type of help from others must be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they ought to likewise stay non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders need to remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the aim of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted rules should be more vital than every individual’s desires, specifically when it comes to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Levittown, NY
As you can see, the firstly developed variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually helped the program to establish and become less dependent on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that assists people to recover. Your own healing depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of individuals who assist you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are several 12-step programs in Levittown, New York nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local neighborhood that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already understand, among the primary concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to collect data on its efficiency. However what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as some of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Levittown, New York, it would be easy to understand why 12 actions have become so popular in the ins 2015.
Thus, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever know for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in Levittown, New York
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering options is really essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Levittown, New York with expert health care providers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs assist you to produce an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be quicker compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only drawback is that such programs are generally not that cheap, which is why you may require to consider other options. But if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to domestic ones, however they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center throughout the day, just in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might need to spend a larger time period in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental principle of a 12-Step program in Levittown, NY?
The main concept of the Levittown 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not essential these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 actions can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could likewise check out them in the short article above and choose whether they would be practical to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are generally extremely helpful for new members, and the important things that you write down in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.