The 12-step program has become rather popular these days amongst individuals with some dependency problems, and although initially it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Kannapolis, NC that we now know is used more extensively within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illicit substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in Kannapolis, North Carolina and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this post!
Kannapolis 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have thought, the Kannapolis, North Carolina 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that need to be used by numerous support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Kannapolis, NC, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to eliminate all these defects that you have right now, and that interfere with your everyday life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not hesitate to request God’s assistance while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually harmed before;
- Apologize prior to anyone that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would harm them even more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you comprehend that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you picture Him;
Once you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Kannapolis, NC 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any private separately, as the group function of recovering from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we imagine Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be developed independently from all others;
- AA groups must always remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get distracted from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to likewise stay self-support groups, indicating that any type of aid from others must be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be related to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they should likewise remain non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders need to bear in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized only with the goal of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines need to be more important than every individual’s desires, especially when it concerns group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Kannapolis, NC
As you can see, the firstly created variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has helped the program to develop and end up being less dependent on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is really not the main attribute that assists individuals to recover. Your own recovery depends more on your own analysis of the 12 actions and on the social support of individuals who assist you because process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily mean that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in Kannapolis, North Carolina these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local community that fits your need the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already understand, one of the main principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather impossible to gather information on its effectiveness. However what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Kannapolis, North Carolina, it would be understandable why 12 steps have actually ended up being so popular in the last years.
Thus, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never know for sure whether a specific method is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in Kannapolis, North Carolina
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is really crucial.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in Kannapolis, North Carolina with expert health care providers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be quicker compared to other rehab techniques.
The only drawback is that such programs are normally not that low-cost, which is why you might require to think about other alternatives. However if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to property ones, however they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center all day, just in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might have to invest a bigger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic principle of a 12-Step program in Kannapolis, NC?
The primary idea of the Kannapolis 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not necessary nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could likewise check out them in the article above and choose whether they would be useful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are usually extremely handy for new members, and the important things that you document in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.