The 12-step program has become rather popular nowadays among people with some dependency problems, and although initially it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Lakewood, WA that we now understand is used more widely within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illicit substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Lakewood, Washington and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this short article!
Lakewood 12-Step Program Company
As you could have thought, the Lakewood, Washington 12-step program includes in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that ought to be used by numerous support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Lakewood, WA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to remove all these defects that you have right now, and that hinder your daily life in a negative way;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s assistance while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually harmed before;
- Apologize prior to anyone that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would harm them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you imagine Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Lakewood, WA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs also include 12 traditions that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more crucial than that of any individual separately, as the group purpose of recovering from an health problem depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we envision Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be produced individually from all others;
- AA groups must always remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get distracted from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should also remain self-support groups, suggesting that any kind of assistance from others must be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they ought to also stay non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders need to remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized only with the objective of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines need to be more vital than every person’s desires, especially when it comes to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Lakewood, WA
As you can see, the first of all created variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has assisted the program to develop and become less based on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main characteristic that assists individuals to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of individuals who help you in that procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in Lakewood, Washington nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional community that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already know, one of the main principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to gather information on its efficiency. But what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Lakewood, Washington, it would be reasonable why 12 actions have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Thus, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever know for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in Lakewood, Washington
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about options is really essential.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs take place in rehab centers in Lakewood, Washington with expert health care providers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only downside is that such programs are normally not that low-cost, which is why you may need to think about other alternatives. However if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite comparable to domestic ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not need to stay at the center throughout the day, just in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might need to invest a bigger time period in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental principle of a 12-Step program in Lakewood, WA?
The primary idea of the Lakewood 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not required nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could likewise check out them in the article above and decide whether or not they would be useful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are normally really handy for new members, and the important things that you jot down in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.