The 12-step program has actually become rather popular these days among people with some dependency issues, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Lakewood, OH that we now know is used more commonly within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illicit drug use problems, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Lakewood, Ohio and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this article!
Lakewood 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have guessed, the Lakewood, Ohio 12-step program contains in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that should be used by various support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Lakewood, OH, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to get rid of all these defects that you have today, and that interfere with your everyday life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have harmed before;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anyone that you have actually injured unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would injure them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you comprehend that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you envision Him;
As soon as you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, of course, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Lakewood, OH 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any specific separately, as the group purpose of recovering from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we envision Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be developed independently from all others;
- AA groups should constantly remain non-financial organizations so that no one would get distracted from the primary function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to also stay self-support groups, implying that any type of help from others ought to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they need to likewise remain non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public fights. AA leaders must remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the goal of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines should be more crucial than every person’s desires, specifically when it pertains to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Lakewood, OH
As you can see, the firstly produced version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has actually assisted the program to establish and become less based on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main attribute that assists people to recover. Your own recovery depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of individuals who help you in that procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are various 12-step programs in Lakewood, Ohio these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local community that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently know, among the primary concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to collect data on its effectiveness. However what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Lakewood, Ohio, it would be reasonable why 12 actions have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Hence, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in Lakewood, Ohio
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is very important.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs take place in rehab centers in Lakewood, Ohio with expert health care companies, which is why they are considered to be among the most reliable ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be quicker compared to other rehab methods.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are usually not that cheap, which is why you may require to consider other alternatives. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to residential ones, but they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not need to remain at the center all day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may have to spend a larger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard principle of a 12-Step program in Lakewood, OH?
The main concept of the Lakewood 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might likewise read about them in the short article above and decide whether or not they would be handy to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are usually extremely useful for new members, and the important things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.