The 12-step program has actually ended up being quite popular these days amongst individuals with some dependency issues, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Lakeland, FL that we now understand is utilized more commonly within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use issues, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Lakeland, Florida and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this article!
Lakeland 12-Step Program Company
As you might have thought, the Lakeland, Florida 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that must be used by different support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Lakeland, FL, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to get rid of all these defects that you have today, which interfere with your daily life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not hesitate to ask for God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually hurt before;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anybody that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would harm them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you remain in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you envision Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Lakeland, FL 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any specific independently, as the group purpose of recuperating from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we picture Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be developed separately from all others;
- AA groups should constantly remain non-financial organizations so that no one would get sidetracked from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should also remain self-support groups, meaning that any kind of aid from others need to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be related to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they must likewise stay non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders need to bear in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the aim of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines should be more vital than every individual’s desires, specifically when it comes to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Lakeland, FL
As you can see, the first of all created variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has actually assisted the program to develop and become less depending on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that helps individuals to recover. Your own recovery depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social support of individuals who help you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always suggest that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are several 12-step programs in Lakeland, Florida these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local neighborhood that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, one of the main concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite difficult to gather data on its effectiveness. But what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as some of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Lakeland, Florida, it would be understandable why 12 actions have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Hence, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Lakeland, Florida
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about options is extremely essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in Lakeland, Florida with professional healthcare service providers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be faster compared to other rehab approaches.
The only downside is that such programs are usually not that low-cost, which is why you may need to think about other options. However if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite comparable to residential ones, but they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to stay at the center all the time, just in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might have to invest a bigger time period in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental idea of a 12-Step program in Lakeland, FL?
The main principle of the Lakeland 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not required nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might likewise check out them in the short article above and decide whether they would be useful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are typically really practical for new members, and the things that you document in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.