The 12-step program has actually ended up being quite popular these days amongst people with some dependency issues, and although initially it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Kenner, LA that we now understand is used more commonly within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use issues, and others.
So if you are interested in learning more about the 12-step programs in Kenner, Louisiana and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this post!
Kenner 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have guessed, the Kenner, Louisiana 12-step program consists of in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that ought to be utilized by numerous support groups to assist its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Kenner, LA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to remove all these defects that you have right now, and that hinder your day-to-day life in a negative way;
- Do not hesitate to request for God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually injured before;
- Apologize prior to anybody that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would hurt them much more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you comprehend that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you picture Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Kenner, LA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any individual independently, as the group purpose of recuperating from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we picture Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be created separately from all others;
- AA groups need to constantly stay non-financial companies so that nobody would get sidetracked from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should also remain self-support groups, implying that any kind of assistance from others need to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they must likewise stay non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders need to keep in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the aim of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted rules must be more important than every individual’s desires, specifically when it concerns group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Kenner, LA
As you can see, the to start with produced variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, but time has helped the program to develop and end up being less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be excellent to understand that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main attribute that assists individuals to recover. Your own healing depends more on your own analysis of the 12 actions and on the social support of people who assist you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always suggest that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are several 12-step programs in Kenner, Louisiana these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already know, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to gather information on its efficiency. However what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as some of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Kenner, Louisiana, it would be easy to understand why 12 actions have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Hence, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never know for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be effective.
Option Treatment Programs in Kenner, Louisiana
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about options is very essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Kenner, Louisiana with professional healthcare service providers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs assist you to develop an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be faster compared to other rehab approaches.
The only downside is that such programs are generally not that low-cost, which is why you may require to think about other alternatives. However if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather comparable to domestic ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not have to stay at the center all day, just in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may have to invest a larger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental idea of a 12-Step program in Kenner, LA?
The main concept of the Kenner 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not essential these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might also read about them in the short article above and decide whether they would be helpful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are normally really helpful for new members, and the things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.