The 12-step program has actually become rather popular these days among individuals with some addiction problems, and although initially it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Guaynabo, PR that we now know is used more extensively within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illegal substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this post!
Guaynabo 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have thought, the Guaynabo, Puerto Rico 12-step program consists of in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that ought to be used by various support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Guaynabo, PR, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to eliminate all these defects that you have right now, which hinder your day-to-day life in a negative way;
- Do not hesitate to request God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have hurt prior to;
- Apologize before anybody that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would hurt them much more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you comprehend that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you picture Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Guaynabo, PR 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any specific individually, as the group function of recovering from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we envision Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be produced separately from all others;
- AA groups ought to always stay non-financial organizations so that no one would get distracted from the main function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to likewise remain self-support groups, indicating that any kind of assistance from others need to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they must also remain non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public fights. AA leaders should remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the goal of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines ought to be more crucial than every person’s desires, especially when it comes to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Guaynabo, PR
As you can see, the first of all created variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, however time has helped the program to establish and end up being less based on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main attribute that assists people to recover. Your own recovery depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social support of individuals who assist you in that process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always mean that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local neighborhood that fits your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite difficult to gather data on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance coverage can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico, it would be understandable why 12 steps have become so popular in the last years.
Thus, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a specific approach is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about options is extremely crucial.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs take place in rehabilitation centers in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico with expert healthcare service providers, which is why they are considered to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only drawback is that such programs are generally not that low-cost, which is why you may require to think about other choices. However if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather comparable to property ones, however they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to stay at the center all day, just in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may have to invest a bigger period of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental concept of a 12-Step program in Guaynabo, PR?
The main idea of the Guaynabo 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might likewise check out them in the post above and decide whether or not they would be handy to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are typically extremely practical for new members, and the important things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.