The 12-step program has actually ended up being quite popular these days amongst individuals with some dependency issues, and although originally it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Guayama, PR that we now understand is used more widely within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illegal substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Guayama, Puerto Rico and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this short article!
Guayama 12-Step Program Company
As you could have guessed, the Guayama, Puerto Rico 12-step program contains in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that must be utilized by different support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Guayama, PR, or any other location:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, and that disrupt your day-to-day life in a negative method;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have harmed prior to;
- Apologize before anybody that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would hurt them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you remain in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you envision Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Guayama, PR 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 customs that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any individual individually, as the group purpose of recuperating from an disease depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we imagine Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be produced individually from all others;
- AA groups should always remain non-financial companies so that no one would get distracted from the main function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must likewise stay self-support groups, meaning that any kind of help from others need to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be related to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they must also stay non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public fights. AA leaders should bear in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the goal of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines must be more crucial than every individual’s desires, especially when it concerns group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Guayama, PR
As you can see, the first of all created version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually helped the program to establish and end up being less dependent on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main characteristic that helps individuals to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who assist you because procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always suggest that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are various 12-step programs in Guayama, Puerto Rico these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional neighborhood that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already know, one of the main concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to gather information on its effectiveness. But what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Guayama, Puerto Rico, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have actually become so popular in the last years.
Therefore, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever know for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Guayama, Puerto Rico
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about options is extremely essential.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be practical:
Such programs take place in rehabilitation centers in Guayama, Puerto Rico with expert health care service providers, which is why they are considered to be among the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be faster compared to other rehabilitation approaches.
The only downside is that such programs are typically not that cheap, which is why you might require to think about other options. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite comparable to domestic ones, however they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to remain at the center all the time, just in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might have to spend a bigger period of time in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic concept of a 12-Step program in Guayama, PR?
The primary concept of the Guayama 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could likewise check out them in the post above and choose whether they would be useful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions fans, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are normally very valuable for new members, and the things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.