The 12-step program has actually become rather popular these days amongst individuals with some dependency issues, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Fort Collins, CO that we now understand is used more commonly within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Fort Collins, Colorado and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this post!
Fort Collins 12-Step Program Company
As you could have thought, the Fort Collins, Colorado 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that should be utilized by different support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Fort Collins, CO, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to get rid of all these defects that you have today, which interfere with your everyday life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not hesitate to ask for God’s help while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have hurt prior to;
- Say sorry prior to anybody that you have actually harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these people would hurt them much more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you comprehend that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you envision Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Fort Collins, CO 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any individual individually, as the group purpose of recovering from an health problem depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we envision Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be created separately from all others;
- AA groups ought to constantly remain non-financial companies so that no one would get distracted from the primary function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should also remain self-support groups, implying that any type of aid from others must be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be associated with medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they should also stay non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public conflicts. AA leaders must keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the objective of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted rules should be more important than every person’s desires, particularly when it pertains to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Fort Collins, CO
As you can see, the firstly produced version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has helped the program to develop and become less based on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main characteristic that assists individuals to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of people who help you in that procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always mean that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are many different 12-step programs in Fort Collins, Colorado these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional community that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already know, one of the primary principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather difficult to gather information on its efficiency. But what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Fort Collins, Colorado, it would be easy to understand why 12 actions have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Hence, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a particular approach is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Fort Collins, Colorado
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about options is really important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Fort Collins, Colorado with expert healthcare service providers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most effective ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be faster compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only downside is that such programs are usually not that inexpensive, which is why you may need to think about other choices. But if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite comparable to property ones, however they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to remain at the center all the time, simply in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might have to spend a larger amount of time in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic principle of a 12-Step program in Fort Collins, CO?
The primary concept of the Fort Collins 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not required these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could likewise check out them in the post above and decide whether they would be useful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are generally very useful for new members, and the things that you write down in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.