The 12-step program has actually ended up being quite popular these days among individuals with some addiction problems, and although initially it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Concord, CA that we now understand is used more widely within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use issues, and others.
So if you are interested in learning more about the 12-step programs in Concord, California and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this post!
Concord 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have thought, the Concord, California 12-step program consists of in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that must be used by different support groups to help its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Concord, CA, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, and that disrupt your daily life in a negative method;
- Do not hesitate to request for God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually harmed before;
- Say sorry prior to anybody that you have injured unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these people would hurt them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you envision Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, of course, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Concord, CA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any individual independently, as the group purpose of recuperating from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we envision Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be developed independently from all others;
- AA groups should constantly remain non-financial companies so that no one would get distracted from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must also stay self-support groups, indicating that any type of help from others should be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they need to also remain non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders should remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the aim of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted rules must be more important than every person’s desires, particularly when it pertains to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Concord, CA
As you can see, the to start with created version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, but time has actually helped the program to establish and end up being less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is really not the main attribute that helps people to recover. Your own recovery depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who assist you because procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always imply that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are several 12-step programs in Concord, California these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local community that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already know, one of the primary principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather impossible to collect information on its effectiveness. But what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as some of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Concord, California, it would be easy to understand why 12 steps have actually ended up being so popular in the last years.
Hence, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a specific technique is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Concord, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is very crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in Concord, California with professional health care companies, which is why they are considered to be among the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehab methods.
The only downside is that such programs are normally not that cheap, which is why you might require to consider other choices. But if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather similar to property ones, but they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not have to stay at the center all day, just in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might have to invest a bigger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard idea of a 12-Step program in Concord, CA?
The primary idea of the Concord 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not necessary these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might also read about them in the article above and decide whether or not they would be valuable to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are generally very handy for new members, and the things that you jot down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.