The 12-step program has ended up being rather popular nowadays amongst people with some addiction problems, and although originally it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Brooklyn, NY that we now know is used more extensively within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illegal substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Brooklyn, New York and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this short article!
Brooklyn 12-Step Program Company
As you could have guessed, the Brooklyn, New York 12-step program contains in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that need to be utilized by numerous support groups to help its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Brooklyn, NY, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have today, and that interfere with your everyday life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually hurt before;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anyone that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would hurt them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you envision Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Brooklyn, NY 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs also include 12 customs that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more crucial than that of any specific individually, as the group function of recovering from an health problem depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we imagine Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be created individually from all others;
- AA groups need to constantly stay non-financial organizations so that no one would get distracted from the primary function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to also stay self-support groups, meaning that any kind of assistance from others must be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they need to also remain non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders should remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the goal of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted rules should be more important than every person’s desires, especially when it comes to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Brooklyn, NY
As you can see, the first of all created variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has helped the program to develop and end up being less dependent on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is really not the main characteristic that assists people to recuperate. Your own healing depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of people who help you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily suggest that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are various 12-step programs in Brooklyn, New York these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local neighborhood that matches your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently know, one of the main principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to collect data on its effectiveness. However what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Brooklyn, New York, it would be reasonable why 12 actions have actually ended up being so popular in the last years.
Thus, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never know for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in Brooklyn, New York
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering options is extremely important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs take place in rehabilitation centers in Brooklyn, New York with professional health care service providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most effective ones. Residential programs assist you to develop an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be faster compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are normally not that low-cost, which is why you might require to think about other alternatives. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite similar to residential ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to remain at the center throughout the day, just in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may need to invest a larger time period in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental principle of a 12-Step program in Brooklyn, NY?
The main concept of the Brooklyn 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not essential nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could likewise check out them in the short article above and decide whether or not they would be handy to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions fans, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are usually very valuable for new members, and the things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.