The 12-step program has become quite popular nowadays among people with some addiction problems, and although originally it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Bronx, NY that we now understand is used more extensively within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illicit drug use issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Bronx, New York and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this article!
Bronx 12-Step Program Company
As you might have thought, the Bronx, New York 12-step program includes in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that must be used by numerous support groups to help its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Bronx, NY, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, and that hinder your day-to-day life in a negative way;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually hurt before;
- Apologize before anyone that you have injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would injure them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you remain in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you imagine Him;
When you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Bronx, NY 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 customs that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any individual independently, as the group function of recuperating from an illness depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we envision Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be created independently from all others;
- AA groups need to constantly stay non-financial companies so that nobody would get distracted from the primary function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must also remain self-support groups, implying that any kind of help from others must be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be related to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they ought to likewise remain non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders should keep in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the objective of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted rules need to be more crucial than every individual’s desires, particularly when it concerns group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Bronx, NY
As you can see, the to start with developed version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has helped the program to establish and end up being less depending on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to understand that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main attribute that assists individuals to recuperate. Your own healing depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of people who assist you because procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always suggest that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in Bronx, New York these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional community that fits your need the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already understand, one of the primary concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite difficult to gather information on its efficiency. However what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as some of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Bronx, New York, it would be understandable why 12 steps have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Therefore, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never know for sure whether a specific technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Bronx, New York
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is extremely essential.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs happen in rehabilitation centers in Bronx, New York with professional healthcare suppliers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be faster compared to other rehabilitation methods.
The only drawback is that such programs are typically not that cheap, which is why you may require to consider other options. However if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather similar to property ones, however they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center all day, simply in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may have to spend a larger period of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic concept of a 12-Step program in Bronx, NY?
The main principle of the Bronx 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could likewise check out them in the short article above and choose whether or not they would be useful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are generally extremely useful for new members, and the important things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.