The 12-step program has ended up being rather popular nowadays among people with some dependency problems, and although originally it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Brentwood, NY that we now understand is utilized more commonly within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illegal drug use problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in Brentwood, New York and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this short article!
Brentwood 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Brentwood, New York 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that ought to be used by different support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Brentwood, NY, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to remove all these defects that you have today, and that hinder your day-to-day life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually injured before;
- Say sorry prior to anybody that you have actually injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would harm them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you envision Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Brentwood, NY 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any individual separately, as the group purpose of recovering from an disease depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we envision Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be produced separately from all others;
- AA groups ought to always stay non-financial companies so that nobody would get sidetracked from the main function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should likewise stay self-support groups, meaning that any kind of help from others should be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be related to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they need to also remain non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public fights. AA leaders ought to remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the aim of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted rules need to be more important than every person’s desires, particularly when it comes to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Brentwood, NY
As you can see, the to start with developed version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, however time has assisted the program to develop and end up being less based on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main attribute that assists people to recuperate. Your own healing depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of people who help you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always suggest that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are various 12-step programs in Brentwood, New York nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional neighborhood that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already understand, one of the primary principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather difficult to gather information on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Brentwood, New York, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have actually become so popular in the last years.
Hence, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a specific technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Brentwood, New York
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is very crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs happen in rehabilitation centers in Brentwood, New York with professional healthcare providers, which is why they are considered to be among the most efficient ones. Residential programs assist you to produce an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehab methods.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are typically not that inexpensive, which is why you might require to consider other alternatives. However if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to residential ones, but they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not have to stay at the center all the time, simply in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may need to spend a larger period of time in your rehab center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental idea of a 12-Step program in Brentwood, NY?
The primary idea of the Brentwood 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might likewise check out them in the short article above and decide whether or not they would be handy to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are normally very useful for new members, and the important things that you write down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.