The 12-step program has ended up being rather popular nowadays among individuals with some dependency problems, and although initially it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Bethesda, MD that we now know is utilized more commonly within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illegal drug use issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in Bethesda, Maryland and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this article!
Bethesda 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have thought, the Bethesda, Maryland 12-step program contains in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that should be used by different support groups to help its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Bethesda, MD, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to eliminate all these defects that you have right now, which disrupt your day-to-day life in a negative method;
- Do not be afraid to ask for God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually injured before;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anyone that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would hurt them much more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you understand that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you imagine Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, obviously, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Bethesda, MD 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any individual individually, as the group purpose of recuperating from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we picture Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be created separately from all others;
- AA groups need to constantly stay non-financial companies so that nobody would get distracted from the main function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to also remain self-support groups, implying that any kind of assistance from others should be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be related to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they need to also remain non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public fights. AA leaders need to remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the aim of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines should be more crucial than every individual’s desires, especially when it concerns group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Bethesda, MD
As you can see, the first of all developed version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has helped the program to develop and become less based on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main quality that helps people to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of individuals who help you in that process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always mean that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are many different 12-step programs in Bethesda, Maryland these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local neighborhood that fits your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already know, among the primary principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite difficult to collect data on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as some of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Bethesda, Maryland, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have ended up being so popular in the ins 2015.
Hence, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever know for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in Bethesda, Maryland
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is really crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs happen in rehabilitation centers in Bethesda, Maryland with expert health care providers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to produce an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehabilitation approaches.
The only drawback is that such programs are typically not that cheap, which is why you might need to consider other choices. However if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to property ones, but they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not have to stay at the center all day, simply in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may have to invest a larger amount of time in your rehab center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard concept of a 12-Step program in Bethesda, MD?
The primary idea of the Bethesda 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not essential these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might also check out them in the article above and choose whether they would be handy to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are normally extremely useful for new members, and the things that you jot down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.