The 12-step program has ended up being quite popular nowadays amongst individuals with some dependency problems, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Antioch, CA that we now know is used more extensively within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illicit drug use problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Antioch, California and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this post!
Antioch 12-Step Program Company
As you might have guessed, the Antioch, California 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that must be used by numerous support groups to assist its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Antioch, CA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have right now, and that disrupt your day-to-day life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s help while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have injured before;
- Say sorry prior to anybody that you have injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would injure them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you picture Him;
Once you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Antioch, CA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more crucial than that of any individual separately, as the group function of recovering from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we envision Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be produced separately from all others;
- AA groups should constantly stay non-financial companies so that nobody would get sidetracked from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to also remain self-support groups, meaning that any type of assistance from others ought to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they ought to likewise stay non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders ought to bear in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the goal of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted rules should be more important than every individual’s desires, specifically when it concerns group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Antioch, CA
As you can see, the firstly produced variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, but time has assisted the program to establish and end up being less depending on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that assists people to recover. Your own healing depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of people who help you because procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always suggest that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are many different 12-step programs in Antioch, California nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local neighborhood that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already know, one of the main concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather difficult to gather data on its effectiveness. But what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this problem were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Antioch, California, it would be easy to understand why 12 actions have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Hence, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never know for sure whether a specific technique is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Antioch, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is very important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs happen in rehabilitation centers in Antioch, California with expert healthcare companies, which is why they are considered to be among the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehab methods.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are normally not that low-cost, which is why you may need to consider other options. But if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather comparable to property ones, however they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not need to stay at the center all day, just in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might have to spend a larger period of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental principle of a 12-Step program in Antioch, CA?
The main idea of the Antioch 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not needed these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could also check out them in the article above and decide whether or not they would be handy to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps fans, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are typically very handy for new members, and the things that you document in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.