Drug is a very dangerous drug that causes dependency really rapidly, just after several usages. Even short-term cocaine abuse can become a reason for severe physical or mental illness; nevertheless, sometimes, it does not reach the illness due to the fact that cocaine overdose leads to death.
Every person who has actually encountered substance use disorder, be it cocaine or other drugs, must start treatment as soon as possible. There is no specific remedy for drug abuse, so experts utilize a complex method, carrying out numerous programs which help normalize the psychological state and find a new meaning in life.
If among your family members or good friend suffers from cocaine use disorder, we advise contacting the center of cocaine addiction treatment in Shelton, CT. You will have the ability to get the essential assistance and start reliable rehab.
Cocaine Rehab Actions In Shelton, Connecticut
Treatment of cocaine addiction is a multi-stage and complicated process, specifically if we are talking about chronic cocaine users because the longer a person uses drugs, the more difficult for him to give them up.
Cocaine addiction treatment in Shelton, CT, consists of four main stages:
- Total medical detoxification of the entire body. Simply put, it is the withdrawal of all traces of drugs from the blood given that a lot of addicts resort to the practice of intravenous cocaine use. Cleansing takes place in the format of outpatient treatment under the guidance of physicians and nurses who will assist minimize withdrawal symptoms that happen in the first hours.
- After that, the medical treatment of cocaine-dependent patients begins. Cocaine addiction, as well as alcoholism, deals a crushing blow to internal organs, so doctors require to nourish them with useful vitamins and update the work cycle.
- After the body gets better from a physical viewpoint, doctors proceed to the application of various behavioral therapies, which assist to support the psycho-emotional background. In general, medicinal treatment is half the case in the rehab of cocaine users since psychosocial treatment is far more important.
- Treatment of cocaine dependence needs continuous tracking of patients, so after finishing the main dish of the program, a person can make a choice – whether to remain in the hospital or return home. The latter choice implies that the patient will still regularly attend rehab meetings.
On the whole, despite the fact that cocaine dependence treatment is an extremely stressful and long process, an individual can always achieve a positive outcome. The main point is that if you observe cocaine yearning in your enjoyed ones, then seek cocaine addiction treatment in Shelton, Connecticut, as soon as possible.
Cocaine Use Consequences
It doesn’t matter what sort of drug a person utilizes, whether it’s crack cocaine or smoked drug; the impact on physical and mental health will be catastrophic. The list of cocaine use disorders is so large that it will take hundreds of pages to point out all the positions.
We will highlight the most common, according to the National Institute of Drug Abuse:
- The decrease of cognitive functions (memory impairment, absent-mindedness, lack of concentration).
- The development of hazardous mental disorders (depression, suicidal tendencies, psychosis, or fear). At the same time, if an individual had prior cocaine use diseases, then with the increase in abuse, they will begin to advance quickly.
- Violation of the functions of the central nerve system.
- Cocaine use causes muscle dysfunctions such as tremblings, seizures, or various worried tics.
- Breakdown of the cardiovascular system, which in the future may trigger a heart attack, stroke, or rupture of an aneurysm.
- Almost all drug abusers have weak immunity and, as a result, frequently experience acute breathing diseases.
- Necrosis of the mucous tissue of all organs of the intestinal tract.
As you can see, cocaine use can cause fatal effects, and if we think about that this is a very addictive drug, they will occur not in 10 years but in the shortest possible time. Having such a circumstance, healing of cocaine dependence must be begun immediately. Do not delay this problem and get the services of cocaine addiction treatment in Shelton, CT.
Effective Cocaine Addiction Therapies in Shelton, CT
As we noted earlier, at the moment, there is no pill from substance abuse that would pass full-fledged controlled clinical trials. Moreover, pharmaceutical treatment, which lasts about 2 weeks, can not definitively lower cocaine cravings. The starting point of a brand-new life in a drug-free world is the passage of mental rehabilitation. Many behavioral treatments are incredibly effective and in demand among physicians in residential and outpatient settings.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
This method is the very best choice for those cocaine-dependent subjects who experience several concomitant mental diseases. The program helps to recognize the causes of addiction at the stage of initial abstinence; however, it is also efficient in cases when there is a repeated craving for usage after long abstaining.
Contingency Management Therapy
Numerous triggers can cause cocaine regression. To prevent this, the patient ought to have a high cocaine self-administration level. During the training, a person discovers to develop the ideal behavior model, handle unanticipated situations, and acknowledge threat factors that can result in duplicated drug use.
This is the practice of basic psychosocial treatment, which has lots of types. It can be a cocaine anonymous meeting, group sessions with a medical professional in an inpatient treatment setting, or totally free presence of conferences numerous times a week. Nevertheless, all these practices are unified by something, treatment retention for the longest possible duration, during which the patient will remain sober and learn regression avoidance strategies.
Keeping An Individual Diary
This is an extremely basic, but in parallel with this, exceptionally effective practice of treatment for cocaine dependence. Journal entries help patients understand the damaging results of drugs on their bodies and life. In addition, lots of treatment providers note that the diaries contribute to the structuring of ideas, the look for brand-new inspiration for communication or work, and conquering total passiveness.
In general, it is essential to comprehend that the cocaine treatment program will work only if an individual practices it routinely without skipping. Each of the drug abuse treatment programs described by us will considerably assist in rehab, so you need to start treatment as soon as possible. If you have any questions about dependence, you can constantly get drug therapy at the center of cocaine addiction treatment in Shelton, CT.
The role of the Family in Rehab
It is practically difficult to complete rehabilitation alone. Obviously, the patient will receive optimal assistance from physicians and all medical personnel; nevertheless, nothing can replace family and friends. The efficiency of treatment directly depends on the number of family members and the instant environments are associated with the healing procedure. Communication with these people can lift an individual out of the pit in which he has driven himself.
It is essential to keep in mind that in addition to supporting, friends and family members are those people who look for the services of doctors since druggie will never ever acknowledge themselves as dependent people and will not come to the medical facility of their own free choice. If you miss this minute, then very quickly, an individual who is struggling with cocaine addiction will stroll themselves to the tomb.
For this reason, if you observe a minimum of one sign of cocaine use, then rather call the cocaine addiction treatment center in Shelton, CT. The sooner the treatment begins, the more chances of effective results and beginning a brand-new life without drugs.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
How to identify an individual with cocaine addiction?
Drug, compared with other substances, causes a lot of modifications in the look and habits of an addicted individual. The most characteristic signs are strong psychological stimulation, tightness of the students, inflammation around the nose, rapid incomprehensible speech, in addition to gratuitous aggressiveness or, on the other hand, lethargy. If you discover such signs in someone near to you, then you need to immediately begin treatment for cocaine addiction.
Does a pill for substance use disorders exist?
At the moment, the very best world experts are developing a vaccine that promotes obstructing cocaine-induced bliss. In addition, several appealing medications are being developed, but they only need to go through lots of preclinical trials and the last human laboratory trial. In this regard, nowadays, the most effective treatment is an extensive method. It consists of drug detoxing (2 weeks) and extended psychological recovery (approximately 6 months) with the help of various programs.
What helps most efficiently in the treatment of cocaine addiction?
It is best to treat cocaine addiction by passing various behavioral therapies. Like placebo-treated topics, after finishing the program without the use of medications, a person can stop using drugs forever. The most reliable programs are group conferences, cognitive treatment, and the drug self-administration program. These strategies have passed more than one testing and clinical trial compared to other practices, showing themselves to be the very best.