Cocaine is a very dangerous drug that triggers addiction really rapidly, just after numerous uses. Even short-term cocaine abuse can end up being a factor for serious physical or mental illness; nevertheless, in some cases, it does not reach the illness because cocaine overdose leads to death.
Everyone who has come across substance use disorder, be it cocaine or other drugs, should start treatment as soon as possible. There is no specific treatment for drug abuse, so professionals use a complex approach, executing numerous programs which assist normalize the mental state and find a new meaning in life.
If among your family members or buddy suffers from cocaine use disorder, we recommend contacting the center of cocaine addiction treatment in Annandale, VA. You will be able to get the needed help and begin reliable rehabilitation.
Cocaine Rehab Steps in Annandale, Virginia
Treatment of cocaine addiction is a multi-stage and intricate procedure, especially if we are discussing persistent cocaine users because the longer an individual utilizes drugs, the harder for him to provide up.
Cocaine addiction treatment in Annandale, VA, includes 4 primary stages:
- Total medical detoxification of the whole body. In other words, it is the withdrawal of all traces of drugs from the blood since a lot of addicts turn to the practice of intravenous cocaine use. Detoxification takes place in the format of outpatient treatment under the supervision of physicians and nurses who will help alleviate withdrawal symptoms that happen in the first hours.
- After that, the medical treatment of cocaine-dependent patients begins. Cocaine addiction, as well as alcohol dependence, deals a squashing blow to internal organs, so physicians require to nourish them with useful vitamins and update the work cycle.
- After the body improves from a physical point of view, physicians continue to the implementation of different behavioral therapies, which help to stabilize the psycho-emotional background. In general, medicinal treatment is half the case in the rehabilitation of cocaine users given that psychosocial treatment is a lot more important.
- Treatment of cocaine dependence needs continuous monitoring of clients, so after finishing the main course of the program, a person can decide – whether to remain in the hospital or return house. The latter alternative indicates that the client will still frequently participate in rehabilitation meetings.
On the whole, even though cocaine dependence treatment is a very exhausting and long process, an individual can always attain a positive outcome. The main point is that if you observe cocaine craving in your enjoyed ones, then seek cocaine addiction treatment in Annandale, Virginia, as soon as possible.
Cocaine Use Consequences
It doesn’t matter what type of drug an individual utilizes, whether it’s crack cocaine or smoked cocaine; the result on physical and mental health will be catastrophic. The list of cocaine use disorders is so large that it will take numerous pages to point out all the positions.
We will highlight the most common, according to the National Institute of Drug Abuse:
- The decrease of cognitive functions (memory disability, absent-mindedness, lack of concentration).
- The advancement of hazardous mental disorders (anxiety, self-destructive tendencies, psychosis, or paranoia). At the same time, if a person had prior cocaine use illness, then with the boost in abuse, they will start to advance rapidly.
- Infraction of the functions of the central nerve system.
- Cocaine use results in muscle dysfunctions such as tremors, seizures, or numerous worried tics.
- Malfunction of the cardiovascular system, which in the future may cause a heart attack, stroke, or rupture of an aneurysm.
- Almost all drug abusers have weak immunity and, as a result, often experience intense breathing diseases.
- Necrosis of the mucous tissue of all organs of the gastrointestinal system.
As you can see, cocaine use can cause deadly consequences, and if we consider that this is an incredibly addictive drug, they will occur not in ten years but in the shortest possible time. Having such a circumstance, healing of cocaine dependence need to be begun immediately. Do not delay this issue and get the services of cocaine addiction treatment in Annandale, VA.
Effective Cocaine Addiction Therapies in Annandale, VA
As we kept in mind earlier, at the moment, there is no pill from substance abuse that would pass full-fledged controlled clinical trials. Moreover, pharmaceutical treatment, which lasts about two weeks, can not definitively decrease cocaine yearnings. The starting point of a brand-new life in a drug-free world is the passage of psychological rehab. Many behavioral treatments are incredibly effective and in demand among doctors in residential and outpatient settings.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
This approach is the very best option for those cocaine-dependent topics who struggle with several concomitant psychological illness. The program helps to realize the reasons for dependency at the stage of initial abstinence; nevertheless, it is also reliable in cases when there is a repeated craving for usage after long abstaining.
Contingency Management Treatment
Lots of triggers can lead to cocaine relapse. To prevent this, the patient must have a high drug self-administration level. Throughout the training, an individual learns to build the best behavior model, handle unanticipated scenarios, and recognize threat aspects that can lead to repeated drug use.
This is the practice of standard psychosocial treatment, which has numerous types. It can be a cocaine anonymous conference, group sessions with a physician in an inpatient treatment setting, or totally free attendance of conferences a number of times a week. However, all these practices are unified by one thing, treatment retention for the longest possible duration, throughout which the patient will stay sober and discover relapse prevention strategies.
Keeping An Individual Journal
This is an extremely easy, but in parallel with this, very efficient practice of treatment for cocaine dependence. Journal entries assist clients comprehend the hazardous results of drugs on their bodies and life. In addition, numerous treatment providers keep in mind that the diaries contribute to the structuring of thoughts, the look for new inspiration for interaction or work, and overcoming overall passiveness.
Overall, it is very important to understand that the cocaine treatment program will be effective just if an individual practices it routinely without avoiding. Each of the drug abuse treatment programs described by us will significantly assist in rehab, so you require to begin treatment as soon as possible. If you have any questions about dependence, you can always get drug therapy at the center of cocaine addiction treatment in Annandale, VA.
The function of the Family in Rehabilitation
It is almost impossible to complete rehab alone. Of course, the client will receive optimal assistance from doctors and all medical staff; nevertheless, absolutely nothing can replace friends and family. The effectiveness of treatment straight depends upon how many family members and the immediate environments are associated with the recovery process. Communication with these people can lift a person out of the pit in which he has actually driven himself.
It is important to keep in mind that in addition to supporting, pals and family members are those individuals who seek the services of medical professionals since drug user will never recognize themselves as reliant individuals and will not pertain to the hospital of their own free will. If you miss this minute, then really quickly, a person who is struggling with cocaine addiction will stroll themselves to the tomb.
For this reason, if you see a minimum of one indication of cocaine use, then rather get in touch with the cocaine addiction treatment center in Annandale, VA. The quicker the treatment starts, the more chances of effective outcomes and starting a brand-new life without drugs.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
How to identify an individual with cocaine addiction?
Drug, compared to other substances, triggers a great deal of modifications in the appearance and habits of an addicted individual. The most characteristic signs are strong psychological arousal, constriction of the pupils, redness around the nose, fast incomprehensible speech, as well as unjustified aggressiveness or, on the other hand, lethargy. If you see such symptoms in somebody near you, then you need to right away begin treatment for cocaine addiction.
Does a pill for substance use disorders exist?
At the moment, the very best world professionals are establishing a vaccine that promotes blocking cocaine-induced ecstasy. In addition, several appealing medications are being established, but they only have to go through numerous preclinical trials and the last human laboratory trial. In this regard, nowadays, the most effective treatment is a detailed technique. It consists of drug detoxification (2 weeks) and prolonged mental recovery (as much as 6 months) with the help of different programs.
What helps most successfully in the treatment of cocaine addiction?
It is best to treat cocaine addiction by passing different behavioral therapies. Like placebo-treated topics, after completing the program without using medications, an individual can stop using drugs permanently. The most efficient programs are group meetings, cognitive treatment, and the drug self-administration program. These strategies have passed more than one testing and clinical trial compared to other practices, showing themselves to be the best.