The 12-step program has actually ended up being rather popular these days among individuals with some dependency issues, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Yonkers, NY that we now understand is used more extensively within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in Yonkers, New York and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this post!
Yonkers 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Yonkers, New York 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that must be utilized by various support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Yonkers, NY, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to eliminate all these defects that you have right now, which disrupt your everyday life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not hesitate to ask for God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have harmed before;
- Say sorry before anybody that you have actually harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would hurt them much more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you understand that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you envision Him;
When you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, naturally, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Yonkers, NY 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 traditions that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more vital than that of any private separately, as the group purpose of recuperating from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we envision Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be produced independently from all others;
- AA groups need to always remain non-financial organizations so that no one would get sidetracked from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must also remain self-support groups, implying that any kind of aid from others must be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they need to also remain non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders need to bear in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the goal of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines should be more crucial than every person’s desires, specifically when it comes to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Yonkers, NY
As you can see, the firstly created variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has actually helped the program to establish and end up being less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be great to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main quality that assists individuals to recover. Your own healing depends more on your own analysis of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of people who assist you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily mean that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in Yonkers, New York nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional community that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently understand, one of the main principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather impossible to gather information on its efficiency. However what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Yonkers, New York, it would be easy to understand why 12 actions have become so popular in the ins 2015.
Therefore, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never know for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be effective.
Option Treatment Programs in Yonkers, New York
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is really important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Yonkers, New York with expert health care providers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to develop an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation methods.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are usually not that cheap, which is why you might need to think about other alternatives. But if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather similar to property ones, however they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to remain at the center all day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may have to spend a bigger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic idea of a 12-Step program in Yonkers, NY?
The main concept of the Yonkers 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could likewise check out them in the short article above and decide whether they would be useful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are normally very helpful for new members, and the things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.