The 12-step program has actually become quite popular these days amongst individuals with some addiction issues, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Winter Haven, FL that we now know is used more widely within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illegal substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you are interested in learning more about the 12-step programs in Winter Haven, Florida and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this short article!
Winter Haven 12-Step Program Company
As you could have thought, the Winter Haven, Florida 12-step program includes in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that must be utilized by numerous support groups to help its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Winter Haven, FL, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to remove all these defects that you have today, which disrupt your daily life in a negative way;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have hurt before;
- Apologize before anyone that you have injured unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these people would hurt them much more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you picture Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, of course, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Winter Haven, FL 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 customs that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more crucial than that of any private independently, as the group purpose of recuperating from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we imagine Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be produced individually from all others;
- AA groups should always remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get sidetracked from the main function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to also remain self-support groups, implying that any kind of help from others must be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they need to likewise remain non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders ought to bear in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized only with the objective of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted rules must be more important than every individual’s desires, especially when it pertains to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Winter Haven, FL
As you can see, the firstly created version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has helped the program to develop and become less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that assists individuals to recover. Your own healing depends more on your own analysis of the 12 actions and on the social support of individuals who help you because procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always indicate that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are several 12-step programs in Winter Haven, Florida nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local community that matches your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently know, among the main principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite difficult to gather information on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Winter Haven, Florida, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have actually ended up being so popular in the last years.
Hence, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a specific approach is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Winter Haven, Florida
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is very crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs happen in rehab centers in Winter Haven, Florida with expert health care providers, which is why they are considered to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs assist you to develop an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be faster compared to other rehab approaches.
The only drawback is that such programs are usually not that inexpensive, which is why you may need to think about other choices. But if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather comparable to domestic ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to stay at the center all day, just in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may need to invest a bigger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental concept of a 12-Step program in Winter Haven, FL?
The main principle of the Winter Haven 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not necessary nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might also check out them in the short article above and choose whether or not they would be valuable to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are generally really helpful for new members, and the important things that you document in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.