The 12-step program has actually ended up being rather popular these days amongst people with some addiction problems, and although originally it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Whittier, CA that we now know is utilized more commonly within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illegal substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Whittier, California and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this short article!
Whittier 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Whittier, California 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that must be used by different support groups to help its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Whittier, CA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to remove all these defects that you have right now, and that hinder your everyday life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually injured prior to;
- Apologize prior to anyone that you have actually harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would injure them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you picture Him;
When you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, of course, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Whittier, CA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any specific separately, as the group function of recovering from an illness depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we envision Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be produced independently from all others;
- AA groups should constantly remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get sidetracked from the primary function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to also remain self-support groups, indicating that any kind of help from others ought to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they must likewise remain non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders should bear in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the aim of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted rules ought to be more important than every person’s desires, particularly when it pertains to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Whittier, CA
As you can see, the to start with created variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, but time has assisted the program to establish and become less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main characteristic that assists individuals to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of individuals who assist you because procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always mean that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are several 12-step programs in Whittier, California these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional neighborhood that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already understand, among the main principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather impossible to collect information on its effectiveness. However what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance coverage can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Whittier, California, it would be understandable why 12 actions have become so popular in the last years.
Thus, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Whittier, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is extremely crucial.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be practical:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Whittier, California with expert healthcare companies, which is why they are thought about to be among the most efficient ones. Residential programs assist you to develop an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation approaches.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are typically not that inexpensive, which is why you may need to consider other alternatives. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to residential ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center throughout the day, simply in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might have to invest a bigger period of time in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard idea of a 12-Step program in Whittier, CA?
The primary concept of the Whittier 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not required these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 steps can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might also read about them in the article above and decide whether they would be valuable to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are generally extremely useful for new members, and the things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.