The 12-step program has actually become quite popular nowadays amongst individuals with some dependency problems, and although initially it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in White Plains, NY that we now understand is utilized more extensively within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in discovering more about the 12-step programs in White Plains, New York and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this article!
White Plains 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have thought, the White Plains, New York 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that ought to be utilized by different support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in White Plains, NY, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to eliminate all these defects that you have right now, and that hinder your daily life in a negative way;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s help while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have harmed prior to;
- Say sorry before anyone that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would injure them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you envision Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, naturally, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
White Plains, NY 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more vital than that of any individual independently, as the group purpose of recuperating from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we imagine Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be produced independently from all others;
- AA groups must always stay non-financial companies so that nobody would get sidetracked from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to likewise stay self-support groups, implying that any kind of aid from others should be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be related to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they need to likewise stay non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders need to keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the objective of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted rules should be more crucial than every person’s desires, specifically when it comes to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in White Plains, NY
As you can see, the to start with produced variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, but time has helped the program to develop and become less based on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is actually not the main characteristic that helps individuals to recover. Your own healing depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 actions and on the social support of people who assist you because procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always indicate that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are many different 12-step programs in White Plains, New York nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local community that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already understand, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to collect data on its efficiency. However what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in White Plains, New York, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Therefore, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never know for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be effective.
Option Treatment Programs in White Plains, New York
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about options is very crucial.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs take place in rehabilitation centers in White Plains, New York with expert health care service providers, which is why they are considered to be among the most reliable ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are usually not that low-cost, which is why you may need to think about other options. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are quite comparable to residential ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not need to remain at the center all day, just in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may need to spend a larger period of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental concept of a 12-Step program in White Plains, NY?
The main idea of the White Plains 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not necessary these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could also check out them in the article above and decide whether they would be helpful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are usually very handy for new members, and the things that you write down in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.