The 12-step program has actually ended up being quite popular nowadays amongst individuals with some addiction problems, and although originally it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Wheeling, WV that we now know is utilized more widely within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illicit substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you are interested in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Wheeling, West Virginia and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might wish to continue reading this article!
Wheeling 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Wheeling, West Virginia 12-step program contains in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that need to be used by various support groups to assist its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 steps developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Wheeling, WV, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to eliminate all these defects that you have right now, and that hinder your day-to-day life in a negative way;
- Do not hesitate to ask for God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually harmed prior to;
- Apologize prior to anyone that you have actually injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would hurt them much more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you envision Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Wheeling, WV 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any individual separately, as the group purpose of recovering from an disease depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we imagine Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be created separately from all others;
- AA groups need to always stay non-financial companies so that no one would get sidetracked from the main function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to also remain self-support groups, indicating that any type of assistance from others should be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be associated with medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they should likewise remain non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public fights. AA leaders should remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the aim of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines should be more vital than every person’s desires, particularly when it comes to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Wheeling, WV
As you can see, the firstly created version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually helped the program to establish and end up being less depending on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be excellent to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main characteristic that assists individuals to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more on your own analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who assist you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily suggest that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are many different 12-step programs in Wheeling, West Virginia these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that matches your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently know, among the primary concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather impossible to gather data on its efficiency. However what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Wheeling, West Virginia, it would be understandable why 12 steps have become so popular in the last years.
Hence, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never know for sure whether a specific approach is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be effective.
Option Treatment Programs in Wheeling, West Virginia
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering options is really important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be practical:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in Wheeling, West Virginia with professional healthcare suppliers, which is why they are considered to be among the most reliable ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be faster compared to other rehabilitation approaches.
The only downside is that such programs are generally not that inexpensive, which is why you might need to think about other choices. But if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite similar to residential ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to remain at the center all the time, simply in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may have to invest a larger amount of time in your rehab center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic principle of a 12-Step program in Wheeling, WV?
The primary principle of the Wheeling 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not required nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 steps can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might also check out them in the article above and choose whether they would be useful to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are generally really handy for new members, and the important things that you jot down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.