The 12-step program has become rather popular nowadays amongst individuals with some addiction problems, and although originally it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Westfield, MA that we now know is used more commonly within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use issues, and others.
So if you are interested in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Westfield, Massachusetts and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this post!
Westfield 12-Step Program Company
As you might have guessed, the Westfield, Massachusetts 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that ought to be used by different support groups to help its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Westfield, MA, or any other location:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to eliminate all these defects that you have right now, which interfere with your everyday life in a negative way;
- Do not hesitate to ask for God’s help while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually harmed prior to;
- Say sorry before anyone that you have injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would harm them even more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you envision Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Westfield, MA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs also include 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any private independently, as the group purpose of recovering from an disease depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we picture Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be produced separately from all others;
- AA groups need to always stay non-financial organizations so that nobody would get distracted from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to also stay self-support groups, implying that any kind of help from others need to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be associated with medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they should also remain non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public fights. AA leaders ought to bear in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the objective of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines must be more crucial than every individual’s desires, specifically when it comes to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Westfield, MA
As you can see, the firstly developed variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has helped the program to establish and end up being less based on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main attribute that helps people to recover. Your own healing depends more on your own analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of individuals who assist you in that procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always mean that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in Westfield, Massachusetts nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that fits your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, among the primary principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite difficult to collect data on its effectiveness. But what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Westfield, Massachusetts, it would be understandable why 12 steps have actually become so popular in the ins 2015.
Thus, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never know for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Westfield, Massachusetts
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is very crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs happen in rehab centers in Westfield, Massachusetts with professional healthcare providers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your recovery might be quicker compared to other rehab approaches.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are normally not that inexpensive, which is why you may require to consider other alternatives. However if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather similar to residential ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not have to remain at the center throughout the day, just in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might have to spend a bigger period of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental idea of a 12-Step program in Westfield, MA?
The main principle of the Westfield 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not required nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might also read about them in the short article above and choose whether they would be practical to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are generally really helpful for new members, and the important things that you write down in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.