The 12-step program has become rather popular these days amongst people with some dependency problems, and although originally it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in West Covina, CA that we now know is utilized more widely within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illegal substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in West Covina, California and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this short article!
West Covina 12-Step Program Company
As you might have guessed, the West Covina, California 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that ought to be utilized by various support groups to help its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in West Covina, CA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, and that hinder your day-to-day life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually injured prior to;
- Say sorry prior to anyone that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these people would injure them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you comprehend that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you imagine Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
West Covina, CA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 customs that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more vital than that of any specific individually, as the group function of recuperating from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we imagine Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be produced separately from all others;
- AA groups must always stay non-financial companies so that nobody would get distracted from the primary function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must likewise remain self-support groups, implying that any type of aid from others should be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they must also stay non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public fights. AA leaders should remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the 2nd one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted rules need to be more important than every person’s desires, especially when it pertains to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in West Covina, CA
As you can see, the first of all produced variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually assisted the program to develop and become less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be great to understand that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main attribute that assists people to recuperate. Your own healing depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social support of individuals who help you in that process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily indicate that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in West Covina, California these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional community that matches your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already understand, one of the primary concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to collect information on its efficiency. But what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in West Covina, California, it would be reasonable why 12 actions have become so popular in the ins 2015.
Hence, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular method is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in West Covina, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is really crucial.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in West Covina, California with expert healthcare service providers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only drawback is that such programs are typically not that cheap, which is why you might require to consider other alternatives. But if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather similar to property ones, however they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center all day, just in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might need to invest a larger amount of time in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental concept of a 12-Step program in West Covina, CA?
The main principle of the West Covina 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not required these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could also check out them in the post above and decide whether they would be handy to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are generally very useful for new members, and the important things that you document in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.