The 12-step program has ended up being quite popular nowadays amongst people with some dependency issues, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in West Babylon, NY that we now know is utilized more widely within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illicit substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in West Babylon, New York and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this short article!
West Babylon 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the West Babylon, New York 12-step program includes in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that ought to be utilized by numerous support groups to help its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in West Babylon, NY, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, which disrupt your daily life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s aid while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have hurt before;
- Apologize prior to anybody that you have hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would harm them even more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you picture Him;
As soon as you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
West Babylon, NY 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs likewise include 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any private independently, as the group function of recovering from an health problem depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we imagine Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be created separately from all others;
- AA groups ought to always remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get distracted from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must likewise stay self-support groups, implying that any type of aid from others need to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they must likewise stay non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public conflicts. AA leaders must keep in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the aim of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted rules should be more important than every person’s desires, especially when it comes to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in West Babylon, NY
As you can see, the to start with produced variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, but time has actually helped the program to develop and end up being less based on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main attribute that assists people to recover. Your own recovery depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of individuals who help you because procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always indicate that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are various 12-step programs in West Babylon, New York nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional neighborhood that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently understand, one of the main principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to gather data on its effectiveness. However what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in West Babylon, New York, it would be understandable why 12 steps have actually become so popular in the last years.
Hence, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever know for sure whether a particular approach is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in West Babylon, New York
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering options is really important.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs happen in rehabilitation centers in West Babylon, New York with expert health care companies, which is why they are considered to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation approaches.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are generally not that cheap, which is why you may need to think about other options. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to residential ones, but they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not need to stay at the center all day, just in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may have to invest a larger time period in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental principle of a 12-Step program in West Babylon, NY?
The main concept of the West Babylon 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not required these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 steps can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could also read about them in the short article above and decide whether or not they would be practical to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are typically really handy for new members, and the things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.