The 12-step program has ended up being rather popular nowadays among people with some addiction problems, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Warner Robins, GA that we now understand is utilized more widely within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for people with illicit substance abuse issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Warner Robins, Georgia and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this post!
Warner Robins 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the Warner Robins, Georgia 12-step program includes in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that need to be utilized by various support groups to help its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Warner Robins, GA, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to get rid of all these defects that you have today, which disrupt your day-to-day life in a negative method;
- Do not hesitate to request God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually harmed before;
- Apologize prior to anybody that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would injure them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you picture Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, obviously, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Warner Robins, GA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 traditions that are gotten in touch with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which every one of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main function of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more crucial than that of any individual independently, as the group purpose of recovering from an disease depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we envision Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be created separately from all others;
- AA groups must always stay non-financial companies so that no one would get sidetracked from the main function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to also remain self-support groups, suggesting that any type of assistance from others must be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they ought to likewise stay non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public conflicts. AA leaders ought to remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized only with the goal of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted rules need to be more vital than every person’s desires, specifically when it concerns group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Warner Robins, GA
As you can see, the firstly produced variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, however time has helped the program to develop and end up being less based on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main characteristic that helps individuals to recover. Your own healing depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social support of individuals who assist you in that procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily mean that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in Warner Robins, Georgia these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that suits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently understand, among the main concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite difficult to collect data on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this problem were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as a few of the insurance coverage can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Warner Robins, Georgia, it would be understandable why 12 steps have actually ended up being so popular in the ins 2015.
Therefore, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never know for sure whether a specific method is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be effective.
Option Treatment Programs in Warner Robins, Georgia
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering alternatives is extremely essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs happen in rehab centers in Warner Robins, Georgia with expert healthcare companies, which is why they are considered to be one of the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be faster compared to other rehab methods.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are usually not that inexpensive, which is why you might need to consider other choices. However if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite comparable to property ones, but they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to stay at the center throughout the day, simply in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might need to spend a larger amount of time in your rehab center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental principle of a 12-Step program in Warner Robins, GA?
The main concept of the Warner Robins 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not required these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could also read about them in the article above and decide whether or not they would be handy to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are generally extremely helpful for new members, and the things that you jot down in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.