The 12-step program has ended up being quite popular nowadays amongst people with some dependency issues, and although initially it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive health problem, the 12-step program in Union City, CA that we now understand is used more extensively within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illicit substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in discovering more about the 12-step programs in Union City, California and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this post!
Union City 12-Step Program Company
As you could have guessed, the Union City, California 12-step program consists of in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that should be utilized by numerous support groups to help its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Union City, CA, or any other location:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to eliminate all these defects that you have right now, which disrupt your daily life in a negative method;
- Do not be afraid to ask for God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually injured before;
- Say sorry before anyone that you have actually hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these people would hurt them even more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you envision Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Union City, CA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any specific independently, as the group purpose of recovering from an illness depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we imagine Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous should be created individually from all others;
- AA groups need to always remain non-financial companies so that nobody would get distracted from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should also remain self-support groups, indicating that any type of aid from others ought to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they should likewise stay non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public confrontations. AA leaders should bear in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the objective of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted rules should be more crucial than every person’s desires, particularly when it pertains to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Union City, CA
As you can see, the to start with developed variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has helped the program to establish and end up being less based on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be excellent to understand that such spiritual focus is really not the main attribute that assists people to recover. Your own healing depends more on your own analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of individuals who assist you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always mean that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are many different 12-step programs in Union City, California nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your regional community that fits your need the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, among the main principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to collect information on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Union City, California, it would be understandable why 12 steps have become so popular in the last years.
Therefore, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to therapy types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a specific approach is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Union City, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why considering options is really essential.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs take place in rehabilitation centers in Union City, California with professional healthcare providers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are typically not that inexpensive, which is why you might need to think about other options. However if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather comparable to property ones, however they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to remain at the center all the time, just in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may need to invest a bigger period of time in your rehab center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard principle of a 12-Step program in Union City, CA?
The main idea of the Union City 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not needed these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Reserve?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could also read about them in the short article above and choose whether or not they would be helpful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are generally extremely valuable for new members, and the things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.