The 12-step program has actually ended up being quite popular these days among people with some dependency issues, and although initially it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Thousand Oaks, CA that we now understand is used more widely within different substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Thousand Oaks, California and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this post!
Thousand Oaks 12-Step Program Company
As you might have guessed, the Thousand Oaks, California 12-step program contains in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that should be used by numerous support groups to assist its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Thousand Oaks, CA, or any other location:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to remove all these defects that you have today, and that hinder your daily life in a negative way;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have hurt before;
- Say sorry prior to anybody that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would injure them even more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you envision Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, obviously, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Thousand Oaks, CA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs also include 12 customs that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more vital than that of any individual individually, as the group function of recuperating from an disease depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we envision Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be created independently from all others;
- AA groups should constantly remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get distracted from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should also remain self-support groups, meaning that any kind of help from others need to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be related to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they should also remain non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public confrontations. AA leaders need to remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized only with the aim of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the second one. This concept advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines must be more vital than every person’s desires, specifically when it concerns group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Thousand Oaks, CA
As you can see, the firstly developed version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, but time has assisted the program to establish and end up being less depending on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be good to understand that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main characteristic that assists people to recover. Your own recovery depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who help you because process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always indicate that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are many different 12-step programs in Thousand Oaks, California nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local neighborhood that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be connected to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already know, one of the main concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite difficult to gather information on its efficiency. However what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Thousand Oaks, California, it would be easy to understand why 12 actions have actually ended up being so popular in the last years.
Hence, understanding that 12 actions programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never know for sure whether a specific technique is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Thousand Oaks, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about options is very crucial.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs take place in rehabilitation centers in Thousand Oaks, California with expert healthcare service providers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be much faster compared to other rehab techniques.
The only drawback is that such programs are typically not that inexpensive, which is why you may require to think about other alternatives. However if you do incline participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to residential ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to stay at the center all the time, simply in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might need to spend a larger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic idea of a 12-Step program in Thousand Oaks, CA?
The primary principle of the Thousand Oaks 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not necessary nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could likewise check out them in the article above and choose whether they would be practical to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are normally really helpful for new members, and the important things that you write down in such a workbook could be talked about together with other AA members.