The 12-step program has become rather popular these days amongst people with some addiction problems, and although originally it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Stamford, CT that we now understand is used more commonly within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illicit drug use problems, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in Stamford, Connecticut and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this post!
Stamford 12-Step Program Company
As you might have thought, the Stamford, Connecticut 12-step program consists of in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that ought to be used by various support groups to assist its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 actions produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Stamford, CT, or any other location:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, and that disrupt your day-to-day life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not hesitate to request for God’s assistance while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually injured prior to;
- Apologize prior to anybody that you have injured unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these people would injure them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you comprehend that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you picture Him;
As soon as you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Stamford, CT 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more crucial than that of any private separately, as the group purpose of recovering from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever form we imagine Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be developed independently from all others;
- AA groups must constantly remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get distracted from the main function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should likewise remain self-support groups, implying that any type of assistance from others should be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they should also stay non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an opinion on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public fights. AA leaders ought to remember that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the goal of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines need to be more vital than every individual’s desires, especially when it pertains to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Stamford, CT
As you can see, the first of all produced variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, but time has assisted the program to establish and become less depending on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main characteristic that assists people to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more by yourself analysis of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of individuals who help you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always imply that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are various 12-step programs in Stamford, Connecticut nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that suits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently understand, one of the primary concepts of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to collect information on its effectiveness. However what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Stamford, Connecticut, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have become so popular in the ins 2015.
Thus, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never know for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Stamford, Connecticut
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is very crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs happen in rehab centers in Stamford, Connecticut with expert health care companies, which is why they are considered to be among the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be faster compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are usually not that cheap, which is why you might require to think about other choices. However if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather comparable to domestic ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not have to remain at the center throughout the day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may have to invest a bigger period of time in your rehab center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental idea of a 12-Step program in Stamford, CT?
The main principle of the Stamford 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not required these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could also check out them in the post above and choose whether they would be valuable to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are typically really useful for new members, and the important things that you jot down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.