The 12-step program has become rather popular these days amongst individuals with some dependency problems, and although initially it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in Southaven, MS that we now understand is used more extensively within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illicit substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Southaven, Mississippi and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this article!
Southaven 12-Step Program Company
As you could have thought, the Southaven, Mississippi 12-step program includes in itself 12 various spiritual principles and guidelines that ought to be utilized by various support groups to help its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in Southaven, MS, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to remove all these defects that you have today, and that disrupt your day-to-day life in a negative method;
- Do not hesitate to request for God’s help while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have injured prior to;
- Say sorry before anybody that you have actually hurt unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would injure them much more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you picture Him;
Once you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other individuals with substance abuse problems and, of course, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Southaven, MS 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more vital than that of any private independently, as the group function of recovering from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we envision Him. And thus, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be produced individually from all others;
- AA groups must constantly stay non-financial companies so that no one would get distracted from the primary purpose of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must also remain self-support groups, suggesting that any kind of aid from others ought to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders need to not be connected to medication or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they ought to also stay non-organized groups, however they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the aid to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous need to not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders should bear in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the aim of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines should be more crucial than every individual’s desires, particularly when it pertains to group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Southaven, MS
As you can see, the firstly created variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has assisted the program to establish and end up being less dependent on God if that is what you want.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main characteristic that helps individuals to recover. Your own recovery depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social support of individuals who assist you in that procedure. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always imply that God is that power; it might also be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in Southaven, Mississippi these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local neighborhood that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already understand, one of the primary concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to collect information on its effectiveness. But what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in Southaven, Mississippi, it would be understandable why 12 steps have ended up being so popular in the last years.
Thus, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment is effective; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Option Treatment Programs in Southaven, Mississippi
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering options is extremely important.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in Southaven, Mississippi with professional health care service providers, which is why they are considered to be among the most efficient ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are generally not that cheap, which is why you might need to consider other alternatives. However if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite comparable to domestic ones, however they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not need to remain at the center throughout the day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may need to invest a bigger time period in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard idea of a 12-Step program in Southaven, MS?
The primary principle of the Southaven 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of getting rid of drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not necessary nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could also check out them in the article above and choose whether they would be handy to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are typically very handy for new members, and the important things that you document in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.