The 12-step program has become rather popular nowadays among people with some addiction problems, and although originally it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in South Jordan, UT that we now know is utilized more commonly within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in learning more about the 12-step programs in South Jordan, Utah and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you may want to continue reading this article!
South Jordan 12-Step Program Organization
As you might have guessed, the South Jordan, Utah 12-step program consists of in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that must be used by numerous support groups to help its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in South Jordan, UT, or any other place:
- Admit your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, find the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to get rid of all these defects that you have right now, and that hinder your day-to-day life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have harmed before;
- Say sorry prior to anyone that you have harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these people would harm them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a method to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you picture Him;
When you are ready, move all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
South Jordan, UT 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards described above, twelve-step programs likewise consist of 12 customs that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their individuals is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not need more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to transfer the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more vital than that of any specific individually, as the group purpose of recuperating from an disease depends on the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we picture Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be created independently from all others;
- AA groups ought to always remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get sidetracked from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to likewise stay self-support groups, meaning that any kind of help from others must be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be related to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being completely self-supporting, they should likewise stay non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous ought to not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders ought to bear in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used just with the aim of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines should be more important than every person’s desires, particularly when it comes to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in South Jordan, UT
As you can see, the firstly created variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening concepts, but time has actually helped the program to establish and become less dependent on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main quality that helps people to recover. Your own recovery depends more by yourself interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social support of individuals who help you in that procedure. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always mean that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that might assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are several 12-step programs in South Jordan, Utah nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently understand, among the primary concepts of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is quite impossible to collect data on its effectiveness. However what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as some of the insurance plan can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in South Jordan, Utah, it would be easy to understand why 12 actions have actually become so popular in the ins 2015.
Therefore, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a specific approach is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in South Jordan, Utah
It might be the case that 12-step programs are not effective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is extremely important.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs take place in rehabilitation centers in South Jordan, Utah with expert healthcare suppliers, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most effective ones. Residential programs help you to develop an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your healing might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation methods.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are generally not that low-cost, which is why you may need to consider other alternatives. But if you do not mind taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather comparable to domestic ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your responsibilities, as you will not have to remain at the center throughout the day, simply in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you may need to invest a larger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic idea of a 12-Step program in South Jordan, UT?
The main principle of the South Jordan 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not required nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you might also read about them in the article above and choose whether they would be handy to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 steps followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are usually really practical for new members, and the important things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.