The 12-step program has actually become quite popular these days amongst people with some addiction problems, and although initially it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Santa Monica, CA that we now understand is utilized more widely within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illicit drug use problems, and others.
So if you are interested in learning more about the 12-step programs in Santa Monica, California and how they could be implemented in your own treatment programs, then you might want to continue reading this article!
Santa Monica 12-Step Program Company
As you could have guessed, the Santa Monica, California 12-step program includes in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that should be used by different support groups to help its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Santa Monica, CA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other individuals the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have today, and that disrupt your day-to-day life in a negative method;
- Do not hesitate to request for God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have harmed prior to;
- Apologize prior to anybody that you have injured unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would hurt them much more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you are in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you picture Him;
When you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, naturally, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
Santa Monica, CA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs also include 12 customs that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The main purpose of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any private individually, as the group function of recuperating from an illness depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we envision Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are just His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be produced independently from all others;
- AA groups need to always stay non-financial organizations so that no one would get sidetracked from the primary function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should likewise remain self-support groups, indicating that any type of help from others must be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be connected to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they must likewise remain non-organized groups, however they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public conflicts. AA leaders need to keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized only with the objective of bring in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This principle advises us that collectively-accepted guidelines ought to be more vital than every person’s desires, especially when it comes to group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in Santa Monica, CA
As you can see, the firstly produced version of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually helped the program to develop and become less based on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be great to know that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that helps individuals to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social support of people who assist you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily indicate that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that might help us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are several 12-step programs in Santa Monica, California nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that matches your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we already understand, among the main principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite difficult to collect data on its efficiency. But what we do understand is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Santa Monica, California, it would be understandable why 12 steps have actually ended up being so popular in the last years.
Therefore, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still know that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Santa Monica, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about options is really important.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be valuable:
Such programs happen in rehabilitation centers in Santa Monica, California with professional healthcare companies, which is why they are thought about to be one of the most effective ones. Residential programs assist you to create an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your recovery might be quicker compared to other rehabilitation techniques.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are usually not that low-cost, which is why you may require to consider other alternatives. But if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
These programs are rather similar to property ones, but they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not have to remain at the center all the time, simply in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might need to spend a bigger period of time in your rehab center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic idea of a 12-Step program in Santa Monica, CA?
The main idea of the Santa Monica 12 steps is that individuals can assist one another in their journey of overcoming drug abuse or any other issues. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His existence is not required nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be discovered in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might also check out them in the article above and decide whether or not they would be handy to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 actions fans, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are typically really useful for new members, and the things that you document in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.