The 12-step program has actually ended up being quite popular these days amongst people with some addiction issues, and although originally it was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcohol abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in Santa Fe, NM that we now understand is used more extensively within different substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illegal drug use issues, and others.
So if you have an interest in finding out more about the 12-step programs in Santa Fe, New Mexico and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this article!
Santa Fe 12-Step Program Company
As you could have guessed, the Santa Fe, New Mexico 12-step program consists of in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that should be utilized by numerous support groups to help its members overcome their problems.
So here are these 12 actions created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in Santa Fe, NM, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and confess to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have right now, and that interfere with your everyday life in a unfavorable way;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have hurt prior to;
- Apologize prior to anybody that you have actually injured unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would hurt them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you are in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you envision Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, naturally, continue to practice the principles of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends on them.
Santa Fe, NM 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 guidelines explained above, twelve-step programs also include 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA subscription and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to move the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and welfare are more important than that of any specific independently, as the group function of recuperating from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we envision Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be developed individually from all others;
- AA groups should constantly remain non-financial organizations so that no one would get distracted from the main function of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups must likewise remain self-support groups, implying that any type of aid from others ought to be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders ought to not be associated with medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they must likewise stay non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the assistance to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an viewpoint on any outside matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public conflicts. AA leaders need to remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the aim of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines must be more important than every individual’s desires, specifically when it concerns group cooperation.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in Santa Fe, NM
As you can see, the firstly created version of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, however time has actually helped the program to establish and become less dependent on God if that is what you desire.
For a few of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be excellent to understand that such spiritual focus is actually not the main attribute that assists people to recover. Your own healing depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 actions and on the social assistance of individuals who assist you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always imply that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in Santa Fe, New Mexico nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your local neighborhood that matches your need the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Advantages
As we currently understand, among the main principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to gather data on its efficiency. However what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are using 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the individuals of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance plan can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in Santa Fe, New Mexico, it would be understandable why 12 actions have become so popular in the last years.
Thus, knowing that 12 steps programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment is effective; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never understand for sure whether a particular approach is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be reliable.
Alternative Treatment Programs in Santa Fe, New Mexico
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about alternatives is extremely crucial.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in Santa Fe, New Mexico with expert healthcare service providers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most effective ones. Residential programs assist you to develop an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehab approaches.
The only disadvantage is that such programs are generally not that inexpensive, which is why you may require to consider other choices. However if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather similar to property ones, but they enable you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not need to remain at the center all the time, just in the early mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you may need to spend a bigger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and deal with your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental idea of a 12-Step program in Santa Fe, NM?
The primary idea of the Santa Fe 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although initially, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not essential these days.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 actions can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” But you could also read about them in the post above and choose whether they would be helpful to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook offered for 12 steps followers, and you can download it free of charge. Such workbooks are generally very useful for new members, and the important things that you write down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.