The 12-step program has actually become rather popular nowadays amongst individuals with some addiction issues, and although initially it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for people with alcoholic abuse as a progressive illness, the 12-step program in San Mateo, CA that we now know is utilized more widely within various substance abuse healing groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Drug Anonymous for individuals with illicit drug use issues, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in San Mateo, California and how they could be executed in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this post!
San Mateo 12-Step Program Company
As you might have thought, the San Mateo, California 12-step program contains in itself 12 various spiritual principles and standards that need to be utilized by numerous support groups to help its members conquer their problems.
So here are these 12 steps produced by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in San Mateo, CA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Discover a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that could restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and admit it to yourself;
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Allow God to remove all these defects that you have today, and that hinder your daily life in a unfavorable method;
- Do not be afraid to request God’s aid while you are going through this searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all the people that you have actually hurt prior to;
- Apologize before anybody that you have injured unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would harm them a lot more;
- Never ever stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to apologize whenever you understand that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Usage prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind that you envision Him;
When you are ready, move all of your knowledge and experience to other people with substance abuse problems and, of course, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
San Mateo, CA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 guidelines described above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 customs that are connected with the organization of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not need more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary function of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use issue;
- The whole group’s conscience and welfare are more crucial than that of any private separately, as the group function of recovering from an health problem depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever type we envision Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous ought to be created separately from all others;
- AA groups must constantly remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get distracted from the main function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse problems in their spiritual development;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups ought to likewise stay self-support groups, meaning that any kind of aid from others should be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be associated with medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they need to likewise stay non-organized groups, but they might create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous must not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be utilized in public fights. AA leaders must keep in mind that the individuals of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized just with the objective of attracting those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; privacy is the 2nd one. This concept reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines need to be more important than every person’s desires, specifically when it concerns group partnership.
12 Step Programs’ Interpretations in San Mateo, CA
As you can see, the firstly created variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, however time has assisted the program to establish and end up being less depending on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is in fact not the main quality that assists individuals to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social support of individuals who assist you because process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not always indicate that God is that power; it might likewise be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and difficulties.
There are several 12-step programs in San Mateo, California these days, which is why you will have no trouble discovering the ones in your regional community that fits your requirement the most, no matter whether it will be associated with belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently understand, one of the main principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is quite impossible to gather information on its efficiency. But what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer amount of times.
And as some of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in San Mateo, California, it would be easy to understand why 12 actions have actually ended up being so popular in the last years.
Hence, knowing that 12 actions programs are popular and extensively accepted throughout the world, we can say for sure that this kind of treatment works; we simply do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, but you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in San Mateo, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why considering options is extremely important.
So here is a list of some other kinds of drug addiction treatments that might be helpful:
Such programs occur in rehabilitation centers in San Mateo, California with professional healthcare providers, which is why they are considered to be among the most efficient ones. Residential programs help you to create an environment where no substance use is permitted, which is why your recovery might be quicker compared to other rehabilitation methods.
The only downside is that such programs are usually not that low-cost, which is why you may need to think about other options. But if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenses with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are rather comparable to property ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your obligations, as you will not have to stay at the center all day, just in the mornings and nights.
Nevertheless, because of such a format, you might have to invest a bigger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic idea of a 12-Step program in San Mateo, CA?
The main principle of the San Mateo 12 steps is that people can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other issues. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not needed nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you might also read about them in the article above and choose whether they would be handy to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it for free. Such workbooks are generally really valuable for new members, and the things that you write down in such a workbook could be discussed together with other AA members.