The 12-step program has become rather popular nowadays amongst individuals with some dependency problems, and although originally it was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in San Marcos, CA that we now understand is utilized more commonly within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for people with illicit drug use issues, and others.
So if you are interested in finding out more about the 12-step programs in San Marcos, California and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this post!
San Marcos 12-Step Program Company
As you could have thought, the San Marcos, California 12-step program consists of in itself 12 different spiritual principles and standards that should be utilized by various support groups to help its members conquer their issues.
So here are these 12 steps created by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be used in San Marcos, CA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and believe that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and take care of all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your issues, and confess to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Enable God to eliminate all these defects that you have today, which hinder your everyday life in a negative method;
- Do not hesitate to request God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually hurt before;
- Apologize before anybody that you have actually harmed unless these direct amends and your existence in the lives of these individuals would harm them even more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you understand that you remain in the wrong, as it is the spiritual foundation of your recovery;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type that you imagine Him;
Once you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other individuals with substance abuse issues and, obviously, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
San Marcos, CA 12-step Programs and Their Concepts
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs also consist of 12 traditions that are connected with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the procedure through which every one of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 customs:
- You do not require more than a genuine desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to transfer the concepts of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The whole group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any private individually, as the group function of recovering from an illness depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we imagine Him. And hence, the leaders of any AA group are merely His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous need to be developed independently from all others;
- AA groups must constantly remain non-financial organizations so that nobody would get sidetracked from the main purpose of AA groups, which is to assist those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups need to likewise stay self-support groups, implying that any kind of help from others should be rejected;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders should not be related to medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being fully self-supporting, they need to also remain non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be gotten by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an opinion on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders ought to keep in mind that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be used only with the goal of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The helping hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted rules must be more important than every individual’s desires, particularly when it concerns group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in San Marcos, CA
As you can see, the firstly produced variation of the 12-step program is based upon the spiritual awakening principles, but time has helped the program to establish and become less based on God if that is what you want.
For some of you who are not as much of followers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is actually not the main characteristic that assists people to recuperate. Your own healing depends more on your own interpretation of the 12 steps and on the social assistance of people who help you in that process. Acceptance of some higher power greater than us does not always suggest that God is that power; it could also be our AA or any other group that could assist us with all our affairs and troubles.
There are many different 12-step programs in San Marcos, California nowadays, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that suits your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we currently understand, among the primary principles of 12-step programs is anonymity, which is why it is rather impossible to collect information on its effectiveness. However what we do know is that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this problem were found to be alcohol abstinent for longer time periods.
And as some of the insurance policies can cover your costs of going through a 12-step program in San Marcos, California, it would be reasonable why 12 actions have actually become so popular in the last years.
Therefore, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and commonly accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this kind of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever know for sure whether a particular technique is working for you unless you try it out, however you still know that all of them could be effective.
Alternative Treatment Programs in San Marcos, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about options is extremely crucial.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be useful:
Such programs occur in rehab centers in San Marcos, California with expert health care providers, which is why they are considered to be one of the most reliable ones. Residential programs assist you to develop an environment where no substance use is enabled, which is why your recovery might be much faster compared to other rehabilitation approaches.
The only drawback is that such programs are generally not that inexpensive, which is why you might require to think about other choices. However if you do incline taking part in government-based rehab programs, then you may cover the expenses with your insurance.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite comparable to residential ones, but they allow you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not have to stay at the center all the time, just in the mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might need to spend a larger amount of time in your rehabilitation center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic principle of a 12-Step program in San Marcos, CA?
The primary principle of the San Marcos 12 steps is that people can assist one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not necessary nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Book?
The 12 actions can be found in the very beginning of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could also read about them in the short article above and decide whether they would be valuable to you.
Is there an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook readily available for 12 actions followers, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are usually extremely handy for new members, and the things that you make a note of in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.