The 12-step program has become quite popular nowadays among people with some addiction issues, and although originally it was created by Alcoholics Anonymous for individuals with alcohol abuse as a progressive disease, the 12-step program in San Leandro, CA that we now know is used more commonly within various substance abuse recovery groups, Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous for individuals with illicit substance abuse problems, and others.
So if you are interested in learning more about the 12-step programs in San Leandro, California and how they could be carried out in your own treatment programs, then you may wish to continue reading this short article!
San Leandro 12-Step Program Organization
As you could have guessed, the San Leandro, California 12-step program consists of in itself 12 different spiritual principles and guidelines that ought to be utilized by various support groups to assist its members overcome their issues.
So here are these 12 actions developed by Alcoholics Anonymous for its AA members to be utilized in San Leandro, CA, or any other place:
- Confess your weakness for alcohol;
- Find a Power greater than yourself, and think that a Power like that might restore us to sanity;
- Turn your will over to God so that he can restore us and look after all these defects that we have;
- Make a personal inventory of yourself, discover the root of your problems, and admit it to yourself;
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of your sins;
- Permit God to remove all these defects that you have right now, which disrupt your everyday life in a negative method;
- Do not be afraid to request for God’s help while you are going through this browsing and fearless moral inventory of yourself;
- Right down a list of all individuals that you have actually hurt before;
- Ask forgiveness prior to anyone that you have actually harmed unless these direct amends and your presence in the lives of these individuals would injure them a lot more;
- Never stop your personal recovery process. Be ready to say sorry whenever you comprehend that you remain in the incorrect, as it is the spiritual foundation of your healing;
- Use prayers and meditation as a way to enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever form that you imagine Him;
When you are ready, transfer all of your understanding and experience to other people with substance abuse issues and, naturally, continue to practice the concepts of 12-step programs throughout your life, as your personal recovery depends upon them.
San Leandro, CA 12-step Programs and Their Principles
Aside from the 12 standards explained above, twelve-step programs also include 12 customs that are gotten in touch with the company of Alcoholics Anonymous groups in general and not with the process through which each of their participants is going through.
And here are these 12 traditions:
- You do not require more than a sincere desire to stop drinking in order to get an AA membership and attend meetings of your group;
- The primary purpose of any AA group is to move the principles of 12-step treatment programs to those who have a substance use problem;
- The entire group’s conscience and well-being are more important than that of any individual separately, as the group function of recuperating from an disease depends upon the AA unity;
- The one ultimate authority of all AA groups is God himself, in whatever kind we picture Him. And therefore, the leaders of any AA group are simply His servants;
- Each Alcoholics Anonymous must be created separately from all others;
- AA groups need to always remain non-financial organizations so that no one would get sidetracked from the main function of AA groups, which is to help those with substance abuse issues in their spiritual growth;
- Aside from being no-financial, AA groups should likewise stay self-support groups, indicating that any type of assistance from others ought to be denied;
- AA groups are nonprofessional, which is why their leaders must not be associated with medicine or psychology. The only possible exception is to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment service centers;
- Aside from AA groups being totally self-supporting, they must also stay non-organized groups, but they could create service boards or committees directly responsible for the help to be received by those they serve;
- Alcoholics Anonymous should not have an viewpoint on any outdoors matter so that the name of the groups and their treatment programs would not be used in public conflicts. AA leaders should remember that the participants of their groups have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Public relations could be utilized only with the aim of drawing in those in need and not for promoting the service centers and their functions;
- The assisting hand of others is not the only requirement of AA groups; anonymity is the second one. This principle reminds us that collectively-accepted guidelines should be more important than every person’s desires, particularly when it pertains to group collaboration.
12 Step Programs’ Analyses in San Leandro, CA
As you can see, the firstly developed variation of the 12-step program is based on the spiritual awakening concepts, however time has assisted the program to establish and become less based on God if that is what you desire.
For some of you who are not as much of believers in God, it would be good to know that such spiritual focus is really not the main quality that helps individuals to recuperate. Your own recovery depends more on your own analysis of the 12 steps and on the social support of people who help you in that process. Approval of some higher power greater than us does not necessarily imply that God is that power; it could likewise be our AA or any other group that could help us with all our affairs and problems.
There are several 12-step programs in San Leandro, California these days, which is why you will have no trouble finding the ones in your local community that fits your need the most, no matter whether it will be related to belief in God or not.
Twelve Steps Benefits
As we already know, one of the main principles of 12-step programs is privacy, which is why it is rather impossible to collect data on its efficiency. But what we do know is that 74% of USA treatment centers are utilizing 12 step programs as one of the treatment possibilities for its visitors. What is more, the participants of this issue were discovered to be alcohol abstinent for longer periods of time.
And as a few of the insurance coverage can cover your expenses of going through a 12-step program in San Leandro, California, it would be reasonable why 12 steps have actually ended up being so popular in the last years.
Therefore, understanding that 12 steps programs are popular and widely accepted throughout the world, we can state for sure that this type of treatment works; we just do not know for whom. You can compare 12-step programs to treatment types: you can never ever understand for sure whether a specific technique is working for you unless you try it out, however you still understand that all of them could be efficient.
Option Treatment Programs in San Leandro, California
It might be the case that 12-step programs are ineffective in your case, which is why thinking about options is really crucial.
So here is a list of some other types of drug addiction treatments that might be handy:
Such programs happen in rehab centers in San Leandro, California with professional healthcare service providers, which is why they are thought about to be among the most efficient ones. Residential programs assist you to produce an environment where no substance use is allowed, which is why your healing might be quicker compared to other rehabilitation methods.
The only drawback is that such programs are generally not that inexpensive, which is why you might require to consider other options. However if you do not mind participating in government-based rehab programs, then you might cover the expenditures with your insurance coverage.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs are quite comparable to property ones, but they permit you to continue living your life and bearing your duties, as you will not need to remain at the center all day, simply in the early mornings and nights.
However, because of such a format, you might need to invest a larger period of time in your rehab center and work on your physical and mental health a bit more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic idea of a 12-Step program in San Leandro, CA?
The main principle of the San Leandro 12 steps is that individuals can help one another in their journey of conquering drug abuse or any other problems. And although at first, God was the central character of self-help groups, His presence is not necessary nowadays.
Where are the 12 steps in the AA Big Schedule?
The 12 steps can be found in the very start of the book “Alcoholics Anonymous,” in the chapter called “How it works.” However you could likewise read about them in the post above and choose whether they would be practical to you.
Exists an AA 12-step workbook?
Yes, there is a workbook available for 12 steps fans, and you can download it totally free. Such workbooks are typically very handy for new members, and the important things that you document in such a workbook could be gone over together with other AA members.